SSM 4

levorgt

Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru Levorg GT 1.6L
Hi all,

New MY18 Levorg 1.6 GT owner here. After getting my car I was curious as to all the settings/features I could access using the Subaru dealership software known as Subaru Select Monitor 4 (SSM 4).

After doing a bit of research and lots of translating Russian forums I learnt the followong:

- A good J2534 obd2 passthru device is needed, this is exactly what I used (https://a.aliexpress.com/_mtFIZdY)

- A virus free copy of SSM4 was needed. This program is very difficult to track down and is behind a lot of paywalls. I had to pay for membership for MHH Auto forum to get access to links.

-Windows 10 pc/laptop which has been freshly installed and not connected to any network EVER.

Then just a matter of installing the SSM4 program, ensuring drivers installed for Openport device and plugging into cars OBD2 port and setting up my vehicle/location etc.

I managed to change a few settings such as the autolight on sensitivity, key lock behaviour, HBA, service intervals etc.

If anyone is interested I will do a full write up on steps, provide a drop box link for the software and provide screenshots.

Im all for making things accessible and free and If I had such info at the time I was looking into this it would have been a massive help. Came across alot of posts from others in Forester forums who were very vague with information and steps which was annoying for me!

Located in Melbourne, Aus and if you do not feel comfortable going through the hassle and when I am free, happy to plug my laptop into your vehicle for you to change whatever settings. I am not responsible for any loss, damage or accident as a result of any changes you seek to make so be advised.

Robsyuk

Vehicle(s)
LEVORG Sti
Hi all,

New MY18 Levorg 1.6 GT owner here. After getting my car I was curious as to all the settings/features I could access using the Subaru dealership software known as Subaru Select Monitor 4 (SSM 4).

After doing a bit of research and lots of translating Russian forums I learnt the followong:

- A good J2534 obd2 passthru device is needed, this is exactly what I used (https://a.aliexpress.com/_mtFIZdY)

- A virus free copy of SSM4 was needed. This program is very difficult to track down and is behind a lot of paywalls. I had to pay for membership for MHH Auto forum to get access to links.

-Windows 10 pc/laptop which has been freshly installed and not connected to any network EVER.

Then just a matter of installing the SSM4 program, ensuring drivers installed for Openport device and plugging into cars OBD2 port and setting up my vehicle/location etc.

I managed to change a few settings such as the autolight on sensitivity, key lock behaviour, HBA, service intervals etc.

If anyone is interested I will do a full write up on steps, provide a drop box link for the software and provide screenshots.

Im all for making things accessible and free and If I had such info at the time I was looking into this it would have been a massive help. Came across alot of posts from others in Forester forums who were very vague with information and steps which was annoying for me!

Located in Melbourne, Aus and if you do not feel comfortable going through the hassle and when I am free, happy to plug my laptop into your vehicle for you to change whatever settings. I am not responsible for any loss, damage or accident as a result of any changes you seek to make so be advised.
This sounds so cool. I'd love to change my boost gauge to psi instead of kpi.