Steering wheel

Robsyuk

Vehicle(s)
LEVORG Sti
I don't know about you, but I find the steering wheel in my 18 plate Levorg is slippery as hell.

It's not a product that's been used on it but I am not confident throwing it into a corner, like my hawkeye. My hawkeye stock wheel had little dimples in the leather to increase grip.

I'm thinking of replacing it with an VAB sti wheel but would it be a direct fit?

geeman

Vehicle(s)
2016 Levorg
Weird you find the STI wheel slippery, my GT-S wheel was slippery! Was some vinyl/plastic materials. But agreed the dimples from the STI versions feel much nicer.
I found when I upgraded to the STI Levorg wheel it was much better as it has that leather-ish feel.
[edit: as long as your steering wheel controls and airbag modules can fit the steering wheel they should be fine, as all the inputs are on the clockspring (which you will retain from your original).]

Last edited:

Robsyuk

Vehicle(s)
LEVORG Sti
Weird you find the STI wheel slippery, my GT-S wheel was slippery! Was some vinyl/plastic materials. But agreed the dimples from the STI versions feel much nicer.
I found when I upgraded to the STI Levorg wheel it was much better as it has that leather-ish feel.
[edit: as long as your steering wheel controls and airbag modules can fit the steering wheel they should be fine, as all the inputs are on the clockspring (which you will retain from your original).]
It has the Sti logo so belive it's original.
The volume controls however don't work. This could be something I need to 'turn on' since having the battery removed while on a boat from Japan to the UK.

My stereo sounds amazing, but again I believe it's stock. Maybe the previous owner had an aftermarket system and put the stock back when he sold it.

Attachments

geeman

Vehicle(s)
2016 Levorg
I'll go out on a limb and say the same vintage between WRX and Levorg is the same, anyways you really just want the steering wheel itself, the rest you will transplant over from your original wheel