Sump leak/transmission

Kate W

Vehicle(s)
2019 Levorg
Hey I had my 2019 Vorg in for a service today and they found a leak in the sump, it's still under warranty. I'll give Subaru a call tomorrow but has anyone had the same issue and did Subaru deal with it? I had the same in my previous 2011 liberty wagon but it was a costly exercise out of warranty.

Booked it into Subaru to get it checked out and they said they could put a warranty claim through as long as I could prove I had maintained the servicing requirements. (Which I have and the previous owner did too)

Follow on from the weeping Oil sump...
So I finally got all the warranty paperwork sorted and booked the car into Subaru to have the sump gaskets resealed today. Turns out it's not the sump but something in the transmission pump needs replacing. Part is on back order with Subaru so now I just have to wait and get the car back to them when the part comes in.

Good news is everything is covered under warranty!
Bad news I will be without the wagon for 2 days with a 4 month old and a 3yo.
Moral of the story: make sure you get everything checked before the warranty runs out.
I will update with the outcome when it's sorted

Attachments

Robsyuk

Vehicle(s)
LEVORG Sti
This is my worry. My cvt is leaking, my sump bolts were loose so I tightened them. The leak is from higher up, and being an import I doubt subaru uk will honour anything

Kate W

Vehicle(s)
2019 Levorg
This is my worry. My cvt is leaking, my sump bolts were loose so I tightened them. The leak is from higher up, and being an import I doubt subaru uk will honour anything
Probably still worth having them check it out. The more they are made aware of the issue the more likely they will do something to fix it

jarocki

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg VMG GT-S
Unfortunate that the initial tightening the bolts were not the issue. How did you come across it leaking again?

Robsyuk

Vehicle(s)
LEVORG Sti
I cleaned everywhere on the underside of the gearbox, engine, exhaust. Anything that looked dirty got cleaned and looks brand new. (I've recorded it all on my build thread)
After 2weeks I can see a fresh stain coming from the top somewhere but not visible from the engine bay.

Kate W

Vehicle(s)
2019 Levorg
Update everything was fixed and the car feels much better to drive. Think I will try and get into the habit of turning off the autostart stop every trip. Not sure if it's creating the issue but I don't think it's good.

Robsyuk

Vehicle(s)
LEVORG Sti
Kate, you say it's driving much better, can I ask how its driving different?

Mines just come back from Subaru and they can't find a leak. There's no fresh leak so the residue was either from an oil spill when filling, or like yours, leaking sump bolts that were loose.

Kate W

Vehicle(s)
2019 Levorg
That's what they said about mine but I took it to an independent mechanic who found more.
It just feels a little tighter and more responsive. Less lag

mvpluidex

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg 1.6 GT
Sometimes the filler bolts can leak through worn/old o-ring seals so you might want to check that, thought mine had a more serious leak only to find out it was that.