Traffic info

Keithb

I can't get any traffic warnings or info on my Levorg sat nav. Does it not work in the UK or am I missing something?

nicodache

In my case, it was not enabled.

now that it is, it does work, even if it's apparently not as sensitive as the one I had in my cheap aftermarket autoradio in my previous car.

how to enable TA is somewhere in the user manual for the multimedia thing ;)

ScottyLevorg

Hi Keith - if you are talking about traffic data being displayed on the NAV unit - nope mines doesn't do that either - but standard Radio based TA's do

Keithb

Hi Keith - if you are talking about traffic data being displayed on the NAV unit - nope mines doesn't do that either - but standard Radio based TA's do
I've now spoken to Subaru and unfortunately it doesn't work in the UK. Shame, my Garmin does so I suppose I still need to carry it in the car. Bit of a disappointment.

ScottyLevorg

I've now spoken to Subaru and unfortunately it doesn't work in the UK. Shame, my Garmin does so I suppose I still need to carry it in the car. Bit of a disappointment.
Hey Keith, was driving in Glasgow yesterday during rush hour and the nav unit started giving me the option for alternative routes to avoid congestion -it seems odd that we have that type of functionality but not have the traffic data displayed - a lot of things about our car in the UK just don't make sense - i don't think Subaru really know what they are doing!

Keithb

Hi
That's interesting, has it worked before or was this a one off? It's a real shame it's not set up for the UK. Maybe Subaru have now subscribed to the service?!

ScottyLevorg

Its the first time i've seen it happen, and it was actually a bit of a surprise, but then again i mostly drive country roads with little to no congestion and this was the first time i'd taken the Levorg into a proper city (Aberdeen doesn't count!!!) I'll see if i can replicate the results again but the conditions were as follows

Had a satnav route set to get me from one side of Glasgow to the other (and back up to Aberdeen)

and

Had my iPhone plugged into the stereo via the usb connection( I doubt this had an impact, perhaps the car was able to access traffic data through my phone though???)

I suspect the traffic/congestion avoidance function only kicks in if you have a destination selected in your sat nav - which makes sense in a way - but still isn't the kind of traffic information that my old audi gave me.

Keithb

Its the first time i've seen it happen, and it was actually a bit of a surprise, but then again i mostly drive country roads with little to no congestion and this was the first time i'd taken the Levorg into a proper city (Aberdeen doesn't count!!!) I'll see if i can replicate the results again but the conditions were as follows

Had a satnav route set to get me from one side of Glasgow to the other (and back up to Aberdeen)

and

Had my iPhone plugged into the stereo via the usb connection( I doubt this had an impact, perhaps the car was able to access traffic data through my phone though???)

I suspect the traffic/congestion avoidance function only kicks in if you have a destination selected in your sat nav - which makes sense in a way - but still isn't the kind of traffic information that my old audi gave me.

Keithb

I've used it numerous times set up for a destination and it's never once come up with an alternative even when traffic has been horrendous. I've taken to using my old Garmin when going on a long journey since Subaru told me it wouldn't work in the UK. I'll start using it again now and see if it starts working. Thanks for giving me hope!!

WheelieBin

This is correct, at least from my experience of using it in Australia. You will get little icons on the map display to indicate traffic congestion, but it has to be REALLY heavy for the roads to change colour or anything. It will only try and actively route you around that congestion if you have a destination set. There's an option to do so automatically or prompt to allow re-routing, and also an option to set how much time must be saved via the alternate route before it'll re-route. That's my experience on the GPS in the Australian GT-S anyway.