Transmission oil change

kretzinger

Vehicle(s)
Levorg 1.6
To change the oil in the TR 580 transmission, only the original green Subaru oil is needed? What similar oils can be used?

walchi

Vehicle(s)
levorg
idemitsu(supplier for subaru) sb2 when you can gat it. according to several shops in germany fuchs titan flex cvt is also used by them and waaay easier to get. i will flush my tr580 next week with fuchs because i couldnt get the original cvtf2 for a fair price and the sb2 at all, even though i had prefered those options. should be noted that fuchs recommends it only for cvtf2 and not ht and others . all other companies which offer a cvt fluid say its for tr580, 690, 690ht....

walchi

Vehicle(s)
levorg
so, i did my oil change/ flush today as shown on many youtube videos where one uses the internal oilpump to get the old fluid out of the transmission and minimise mixing. about 13 liters in total. the only thing is that the hoses are not exactly the same as in the videos due to the air/ oil cooler the levorg has but one can figure it out quit easyly.
old oil was a bit darker than the new one with 67k km on it but i think it would have lasted twice as long without any problems and if i used original oil, a drain and fill would have been enough. but thats my personal opinion.
i dont feel any differences with the fuchs oil. driving, shifting, clutch engaging... all the same.

taid

Vehicle(s)
levorg gt-s
so how many liter of cvt fluid does it need for just drain and refill, not to flush...?

walchi

Vehicle(s)
levorg
i got about 5 liters out. so just buying a 5liter bottle wouldnt be enough.

taid

Vehicle(s)
levorg gt-s
s-l1600.png
so this the the one I should be getting ???

taid

Vehicle(s)
levorg gt-s
I m checking the subaru parts number - fluid for tr580 . they told me it using hi-torque cvt fluid
K0421Y0700
is that correct?

walchi

Vehicle(s)
levorg
no ht fluid is only for the ht tr690. tr580 is cvtf 2....goggle subaru model year cvtf chart...there is a good picture for the different cvts and modelyears but the levorg is not listed though.

nicodache

that's because the link is https://levorgclub.com/file:///C:/Users/User/Downloads/MY17 WRXSTI-Levorg Recommended Materials.pdf

Looks like Taid found something online, downloaded it, and shared the link local to their machine, not the actual public URL.

walchi

Vehicle(s)
levorg
and now you can see that the ht fluid is for the 2l. turbo with 300hp. which sadly isnt available in the eu. the 2l turbo has the tr690 from the wrx mounted and therefore need the ht fluid. in the Eu, at least in austria germany an switzerland for my knowing, we got the 2l non turbo which uses the tr580 and therefor the cvtf2. i know its a bit confusing with all the different modelyears, and numbers etc. xD

Robsyuk

Vehicle(s)
LEVORG Sti
and now you can see that the ht fluid is for the 2l. turbo with 300hp. which sadly isnt available in the eu. the 2l turbo has the tr690 from the wrx mounted and therefore need the ht fluid. in the Eu, at least in austria germany an switzerland for my knowing, we got the 2l non turbo which uses the tr580 and therefor the cvtf2. i know its a bit confusing with all the different modelyears, and numbers etc. xD
So me with a 2 litre turbo in the UK. What cvt fluid would work.

walchi

Vehicle(s)
levorg
nice car, almost a bit jealous :)
i am not very familiar with the tr690 in your car to be honest. according to data sheets from the internet it is the same cvt as in the wrx with the vtd system. there for it should be the ht fluid but i highly recommend that you double check it with a local dealer.
regards