Updated from 2016 Gt to 2020 STI

TC-20SportSTI

Vehicle(s)
MY20 Sport STI
Hi Terry from Sydney. I have recently updated from 2016 GT (one of the first in Aus) to 2020 STI. I am still making up my mind if I like the Cool Grey colour as I really liked the original. I have noticed the extra weight seems to delay the response vs the GT. I do not find the STI suspension too hard even on Sydney's bad roads. I have replaced the internal lights with LEDs as I did on the GT. The leather seats actually looks better under the original light rather then the brighter LEDs. I really like the car and find I have to explain the Levorg to other Car people as so few seem to know of its existence.

2016 20 Levorg Gt.jpg sti 20 Levorg.jpg

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg 1.6 GT with STI body kit 2016 (17 plate)
You Aussies and Kiwi's are so lucky. We in the EU were denied the WRX/STI 2.0 versions of the Levorg. Subaru have now dropped the 1.6 DIT engine for a N/A 2.0 block that's down around 30 BHP and near similar ft/lb torque.
However, things could have been worse, the USA and I believe Canadian markets were denied the Levorg altogether!

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg 1.6 GT with STI body kit 2016 (17 plate)
Rho, such negativity - it's only down 20hp, from 170 to 150 ! :D

but true, I wouldn't mind some more oomph :D
lol! I know, but my previous wheels was a hawkeye model Impreza sport wagon. I was determined not to get anything from Subaru that was slower. Apart from the Forester XT, the Levorg was the only other model in the range apart from the WRX/STI saloon (which I didn't want) that had at least similar pace.
Oh, and the fact that I detested the idea of paying over £500+ yearly for a road fund licence, nicodache. ;)

Last edited:

Rustysalami

Hi Terry from Sydney. I have recently updated from 2016 GT (one of the first in Aus) to 2020 STI. I am still making up my mind if I like the Cool Grey colour as I really liked the original. I have noticed the extra weight seems to delay the response vs the GT. I do not find the STI suspension too hard even on Sydney's bad roads. I have replaced the internal lights with LEDs as I did on the GT. The leather seats actually looks better under the original light rather then the brighter LEDs. I really like the car and find I have to explain the Levorg to other Car people as so few seem to know of its existence.

View attachment 786 View attachment 785
Welcome aboard mate. Levorg badge taken off my car to avoid confusion. I tell people it's a WRX wagon. LoL