Blackvue dash cam dr900x-2ch

robo498

Vehicle(s)
My17
Hi, just looking for advise. I have the above dash cam and was wondering if anyone else has fitted a cam and where did they mount the front and rear cams due to our eyesight in the front and rear camera in the back window (camera that comes on when you flick the rear vision mirror). Thanks guys

TallMountain

Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Levorg 2.0 STI
Hi, I had fitted the Blackvue DR750 2CH LTE because it had the built in SIM, front passenger side near the top & rear camera is just positioned inside the top rear windscreen arc, will have time to post tomorrow afternoon some pictures to assist, very happy but had to have it positioned here due to eyesight etc.

Arkatee

Vehicle(s)
Levorg 1.6 GT, Forester SF, Mazda MX5
I have a Blackvue on my car, mounted centrally behind the mirror. It does obscure the sensor for headlamp auto dimming, but that's a feature I've never used anyway. It doesn't interfere with the EyeSight in any way. Rear camera is centrally mounted at the top, my car only has the reversing camera by the latch.

TallMountain

Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Levorg 2.0 STI
Hi, apologies for the late night post just finished some work. My installation was done by the Subaru team, who when they first did it was not perfect but I could not get it fixed until back from a road trip. When I requested they adjust, all went well & this is the best result I can achieve & it has no affect on any of the safety systems and is compliant with safety regulations etc, all good. I hope these rough pictures help.

IMG_2401.jpgIMG_2402.jpgIMG_2405.jpgIMG_2404.jpgIMG_2408.jpg

robo498

Vehicle(s)
My17
Thank you both for the photos, I installed mine yesterday and did it the same as you "tall mountain" ! I also did not want to mess with the safety systems. Thanks again guys for the photos and advice.

Arkatee

Vehicle(s)
Levorg 1.6 GT, Forester SF, Mazda MX5
I also did not want to mess with the safety systems.
Mine doesn't mess with the safety systems either - Eyesight is unaffected. Auto dipping headlamps is an unnecessary comfort feature which only works if the lights are on Auto, which I never use. I tried my Blackvue on the passenger side, and got a limited view of what's happening on the right hand side, and a cluttered windscreen. YMMV.

robo498

Vehicle(s)
My17
Mine doesn't mess with the safety systems either - Eyesight is unaffected. Auto dipping headlamps is an unnecessary comfort feature which only works if the lights are on Auto, which I never use. I tried my Blackvue on the passenger side, and got a limited view of what's happening on the right hand side, and a cluttered windscreen. YMMV.
OK thanks for that, I will take that on board but I do a lot of country miles and do use the auto high beam