Broken Electric parking brake connector

dIFEO

Vehicle(s)
Levorg 1.6DIT
I need some help. I changed my brake pads today and I broke the connector. It was really stuck even though I pressed down the pin.

Can I change just the plug or do I need to change the whole cable?

I've contacted my loacal subaru dealer - probably gonna be expensive

Attachments

nicodache

sorry, can't really help. connectors these days can be dismantled (the pins and the plastic housing), but you indeed need the plastic housing. For which I go no clue what the PN is :(

Also, you'll likely need a subaru-specific tool to un-pin the current damaged connector so you can disconnect/remove the pins, and then re-pin the new connector (without shuffling pins/cables around in the new connector).

[edit]Is there nothing stamped/molten on the plastic connector itself ?

roads.zx

Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru Outback
Any news update? How did you resolve the issue? Same problem here; 2016 Outback

dIFEO

Vehicle(s)
Levorg 1.6DIT
I simply used zipties to hold it in place. Dealership wanted 280 euro for changing the cable. Its quite easy to do. As long as you have the cable from a wrecked car or so. Just follow the cable and remove the plate that covers it and you’ll see the junctionbox

dIFEO

Vehicle(s)
Levorg 1.6DIT
I simply used zipties to hold it in place. Dealership wanted 280 euro for changing the cable. Its quite easy to do. As long as you have the cable from a wrecked car or so. Just follow the cable and remove the plate that covers it and you’ll see the junctionbox
I can post a picture of it if you want. The ziptie trick. Been good for over 6000km

roads.zx

Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru Outback
I used zip ties as well. I'll be looking for a more permanent solution; perhaps from scrap car. Thanks for the reply.