Congratulations To Subaru on winning BTCC 2017

Jonny Teabag

Hi all,

I'm surprised no one on here has mentioned the success Subaru has been having with the Levorg in the 2017 British Touring Car Championship here in the UK.

After starting their journey last year and almost clinching the title after a very disastrous start where the team had no pre-season testing and had to often develop, test and race all on the same day, it was an incredible result to get Subaru to 4th in the final standings.

I did wonder about the strength of the 4 man team being weakened somewhat this season with the defection of the team's strongest championship contender, Colin Turkington, to the rival BMW team and replacing him with the little known Ash Sutton who was only entering his second season in the championship, but boy was this guy a revelation for the team!

The live TV events showed what an incredible talent Ash Sutton turned out to be!

So all in all, congratulations Subaru and keep the success rolling with the Levorg for 2018 :)

Be safe out there!
JT

iad

Hi all,

I'm surprised no one on here has mentioned the success Subaru has been having with the Levorg in the 2017 British Touring Car Championship here in the UK.

After starting their journey last year and almost clinching the title after a very disastrous start where the team had no pre-season testing and had to often develop, test and race all on the same day, it was an incredible result to get Subaru to 4th in the final standings.
Congrats indeed, great show down :cool:

View attachment 392
I did wonder about the strength of the 4 man team being weakened somewhat this season with the defection of the team's strongest championship contender, Colin Turkington, to the rival BMW team and replacing him with the little known Ash Sutton who was only entering his second season in the championship, but boy was this guy a revelation for the team!

The live TV events showed what an incredible talent Ash Sutton turned out to be!

So all in all, congratulations Subaru and keep the success rolling with the Levorg for 2018 :)

Be safe out there!
JT
Do they race with a CVT? & is it the 1.6 or 2.0 version?

Parian

The strange thing is here in the UK we don't get any other engine option other than the 1.6ltr..
In fact one model three colours an that's yer lot:rolleyes:
Don't really need a substantial amount of Hp/Kw to navigate those tight, narrow little roads :D

Pit lane viewing >>> CLICK