JDM Levorg STI questions

rnvb

Hi, I've been lurking around the forum for a while now building up my knowledge about the Levorg models before deciding on which one to buy. I'm in the UK but have my heart set on a Subaru Levorg STI 2.0 as I would really like the extra power of the FA20 engine (also love the look of the interior). I know these were only sold in the Japanese and Australian markets, so what difficulties did you face with the infotainment and safety systems for anyone who has imported one? Does fitting an aftermarket stereo lose any functionality, cameras not working etc? Would I be better importing an Australian Levorg so it's in English?

I know the drivers dash can be switched to English from the settings menu, is it known if Subaru UK could reprogram the infotainment system?

Guvna

Vehicle(s)
MY17 Subaru Levorg 2.0LTR GTS
First question would be are you even allowed to import one to the UK, emissions wise. I thought that was the reason you guys only got the 1.6 Turbo and NA2Ltr?

rnvb

Yes. There are a few already here. There is a Japanese import company called Torque GT and they have sold a couple to my knowledge. Also currently a 2.0 GT-S for sale at another importer.

Guvna

Vehicle(s)
MY17 Subaru Levorg 2.0LTR GTS
Well there you go, I wouldn't have thought it would be allowed, I wonder why you guys never received it to begin with then SMH. ADM would be the way to go IMO. JDM radios have a much smaller frequency band so won't pick up all stations, so definitely would need head unit swap. There are threads on here about the swap and what units people have used, and I believe no functions are lost in the swap.

J50OBY

Vehicle(s)
Levorg GT 170
Charlie at Prodrift, Kent has a white one for sale at the moment. He has a good reputation amongst Subaru Legacy folk .

rnvb

Well there you go, I wouldn't have thought it would be allowed, I wonder why you guys never received it to begin with then SMH. ADM would be the way to go IMO. JDM radios have a much smaller frequency band so won't pick up all stations, so definitely would need head unit swap. There are threads on here about the swap and what units people have used, and I believe no functions are lost in the swap.
Yeah I did see one person mention that their Pioneer stereo worked with the camera and no other functions were lost. Hopefully not specific to that stereo or auto electricians knowledge. Really can't understand why they didn't sell the STI here or even the GT-S, the amount of people who mentioned they would have one in a heartbeat on other forums seems to suggest they would sell well.

Charlie at Prodrift, Kent has a white one for sale at the moment. He has a good reputation amongst Subaru Legacy folk .
I've been looking at that one and I'm very tempted but I really like the wine red interior of the STI and the exterior, wheels etc. If I lived closer I would go and have a look at it though.

Robsyuk

Vehicle(s)
LEVORG Sti
I'm in Milton Keynes- in the UK and Darren @ torqueGT imported my sti for me.

The UK is becoming a joke and cracking down on emissions, and that's why we don't have the 2litre levorg. * even the new 2.5 levorg has less bhp than the 2litre due to emissions.

The jap Stereo will not work in the UK and you can't get it converted. Many rip out the oem, fit the idoing and everything works with it.
I plan to change mind to idoing, but buying other things at the minute.

Check out my build thread in the gallery.

rnvb

Thank you for your help everyone, aftermarket stereo it is then. I've been keeping an eye on Torque GT's cars for a while now and they have some really nice stuff. I may use them for the importing service.