Knocking noise front left suspension only when vehicle is hot.

VM20T

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg GTS Spec B
On a trip today after 200 km there was a loud knocking in the front left. The car was parked for 2 hours and no noise after it had cooled but then after another 200k noise was back again. Definitely suspension/hub/wheel related.

Daniel03

Had the same issues and I just replaced the entire suspension with a WRX STI 21 and now it's a totally different car. The stock suspension is trash.

VM20T

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg GTS Spec B
Daniel thanks for that but I'm leaning toward cv joint or drive shaft as it's audible at 5kph

jarocki

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg VMG GT-S
Do you get the knocking noise pushing down on that side of suspension when parked?

VM20T

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg GTS Spec B
No it's quiet when pushing on it. It's the only happens when everything has heated up thats got me baffled.

jarocki

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg VMG GT-S
I had a knocking noise in my suspension and turned out to be that the threads on my strut where gone and no clamping force at all with the nut. I replaced and now issue is sorted. Attached photo here for reference. my car is 2015 JDM VMG model. Nosie was audible at all speeds and progressively got worse to the point it could be heard at all speeds where at the start it was only and v slow speeds.

Attachments

VM20T

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg GTS Spec B
Thanks all. Found the problem it was a slightly loose nut on top of strut banging in strut top when shocker heated up.