Lerroy's 2014 White GTS 2.0 (NZ)

lerroy

Vehicle(s)
White 2014 2.0 GTS
Some small updates over the last few weeks....

Sprayed the chrome rear trim which i ended up fully removing to do a better job, Also did the rear badges (plastidip)

interior-1001-2.jpg

Token STI sticker to make sure its always premium :)

interior-1000-2.jpg

Previous owner had already upgraded most the interior to led but left the boot light stock bulb. Decided to replace with a Liberal LED panel from japanparts. Pretty impressed with the unit, easy install into the bulb socket and retains the push to on functionality, so much brighter its like night and day the difference it makes

interior-1002-2.jpg

interior-1003-2.jpg

lerroy

Vehicle(s)
White 2014 2.0 GTS
Interior updates

I'm not a fan of the silver trim interior so have been trying to replace with black / piano black from the later models.
Also really wanting the red leather trim piece's from the STI model...although seats are likely to prove expensive.

interior-1000-3.jpg
This was the interior when i picked it up

Steering wheel was the first to be swapped out.
There are 2 ways to change this part.

You can remove the airbag, steering wheel and remove the plastic trim to get to the 1 Phillips head screw which is quite involved.

Or two you can do what I did and drill a small hole to be able to get to the Phillips screw. Its on the back of the wheel so wont see the hole and can be patched with plastic cover.

If you want to drill the measurements are 38mm from the bottom of the wheel and 35mm from the edge.
Once hole is drilled just a matter of getting the right angle on the screw and making sure you only undo enough to remove the plastic cover, if the screw comes out to far you will lose in the wheel be careful

interior-1001.jpg

interior-1002.jpg

interior-1003.jpg

At this point I noticed the white stitching and was wondering if any easy way top change to red like the STI. After some google searches looks like a red fabric pen should do the job, ordered and spent and hour or so starting with the wheel, door panels and seats. You just draw over the stitching and rub off from the leather, did a couple of coats.

interior-1004.jpg
lower quarter test...

interior-1005.jpg

Sourced CVT surround in Black, Handbrake cover in black, also painted the trim on the dash panels to red, although not sold on the shade so might redo. STI leather CVT console also installed

interior-1000.jpg

interior-1001-3.jpg

This is pen I used x2

Supafly_NZ

Vehicle(s)
2014 FA20 Levorg, 2008 600HP 6MT Impreza STi
Nice work, love the red-fabric pen hack. I did the same on my STi.

What model headunit did you go for? I'm tossing up the move to an android 9.5" unit as you've done but can't decide if I need to buy the 4GB/6GB or 8GB variant for the performance.

lerroy

Vehicle(s)
White 2014 2.0 GTS
Nice work, love the red-fabric pen hack. I did the same on my STi.

What model headunit did you go for? I'm tossing up the move to an android 9.5" unit as you've done but can't decide if I need to buy the 4GB/6GB or 8GB variant for the performance.
Hi Supafly

I got this one here

I went with the HT 8GB variant and 2k screen, I don't know what the slightly lower res model would have looked like but really happy with the quality of the 2k screen looks amazing really bright and super sharp

The only thing the 2k screen model doesn't have is captive buttons to control volume and mute etc...I just use the steering controls but does annoy the wife from passenger side has to swipe down or up first then volume appears

Screenshot 2023-11-21 195300.png

Carbon

Vehicle(s)
2016 Levorg 2.0 GT-S
Hi, did your original heater vents transfer over to the idoing facia ok, mine like yours don't have the rectangular frames around each one? I'm also unsure about the removal, did the complete surround come off leaving the head unit bolted in place? Thanks

lerroy

Vehicle(s)
White 2014 2.0 GTS
Hi, did your original heater vents transfer over to the idoing facia ok, mine like yours don't have the rectangular frames around each one? I'm also unsure about the removal, did the complete surround come off leaving the head unit bolted in place? Thanks
Yep no problems at all, you remove the 2 vents and click them into the idoing surround.

The stock head unit surround comes off leaving the headunit in place
You can see the head unit removed and vents in place on this post

https://levorgclub.com/threads/lerroys-2014-white-gts-2-0-nz.1240/post-7282

lerroy

Vehicle(s)
White 2014 2.0 GTS
Alright update over the last few weeks...

After finding I had left out 2 screws inside the headlight housing, it was really annoying me...one of the lights didn't seem to match the same consistency of light and honestly the led upgrade from liberal wasn't much of an improvement, i wanted that LED look on the C light.

Decided to get the Diode dynamics Switchback kit from Illumo, as I had to open up one of the headlights anyway I thought what the hell. Pretty easy second time and I didn't have to replace the seal as it was so fresh. Fairly easy install (youtube videos are handy) just getting it lined up correctly and dremel the hole slightly bigger. I tapped into the indicator as well as it looks quite nice, not as tacky as i thought
Huge improvement over stock and the liberal Vision plus, Way more uniform and brighter.

interior2-1005.jpg

interior2-1007.jpg

interior2-1008.jpg

Allot of effort but happy with results all the screws are now in :)

Last edited:

lerroy

Vehicle(s)
White 2014 2.0 GTS
more upgrades to interior, almost all silver is gone now :p

• STI gear knob from Japan parts
  • Piano black interior handles for all door sourced 2nd hand from buyee yahoo auctions
  • vinyl taped all door chrome strips
  • STI centre armrest in red leather
interior2-1001.jpg

interior2-1000.jpg

interior2-1002.jpg

Pretty happy with how the vinyl tape came out, first time using it. No an exact color match to the dash panels but pretty close and remove more chrome :)

Only one more thing for interior I'm keen on some STI red stitch floor matts but they arent cheap

Yoshikirizame

Vehicle(s)
VM4
You're a champ!

I've been trying to put an Atoto HU in my '14 GT-S. The mess of dealer wiring behind the dash looks eerily similar, so your explanation + photos are gold. Still trying to fathom the SWC inputs though.

I've no idea what to do with the 'DAB' antenna wires - wife is upset she can't watch Japanese TV anymore, so maybe I'll search around for a TV tuner module.

Nice job on your mods.

Robsyuk

Vehicle(s)
LEVORG Sti

lerroy

Vehicle(s)
White 2014 2.0 GTS