My boot suddenly won’t open

SmilyDrJ

Vehicle(s)
2016 Levorg GT
Hi guys, I own a 2016 Levorg GT (1.6L), today my boot won’t open, was working fine 40 minutes before I found the problem. I tried opening it by clicking the ‘boot sign’ button on the key, with ‘unlock (car door) button, and also just by walking towards the boot with key in the hand, I even tried switch my car on, and tried when my car is off. Basically I tried every single way that I could think of. All I could hear when pressing the boot lever is a couple of clicking sound but boot stayed shout. Anybody had similar problem in the past, is this common? Do I need to take it to the dealer or is it something I can do to resolve it? Any advice is much appreciated!

robo498

Vehicle(s)
My17
Very strange, could something be stuck in the channel? Maybe push down on the boot lid and then press the button? If something is squashed in the channel and forcing the boot open maybe the lock cannot release due to the pressure?

SmilyDrJ

Vehicle(s)
2016 Levorg GT
Very strange, could something be stuck in the channel? Maybe push down on the boot lid and then press the button? If something is squashed in the channel and forcing the boot open maybe the lock cannot release due to the pressure?
Hi, thank you for the reply. Problem solved, we did exactly what you suggested, turned out the bike holder’s strap was hooked and causing the jam!

I went into panic mode yesterday as we are 200 miles away from home. Still trying to get used to more modern car, my last car was 2007 Impreza so everything was still mostly manual and less electric

Guvna

Vehicle(s)
MY17 Subaru Levorg 2.0LTR GTS
Awesome!
It rocks when your stuck and someone can help, problem solved nice and easy. Good work Robo