Newbie to subie

Tokoloshe

Vehicle(s)
Levorg 2017 STI
Hey Guys,

Glad a found this forum...the Levorg seems to be quite a unique car and not much of them running around and also not much knowledge of them around too!

I have a question, on general break pads. I've used Bendix on my previous car (holden) but now need to change the rear pads.... was looking at Brembo or Bendix, any recommendations as to what is q better break pad?
Levorg 2017 STI.

robo498

Vehicle(s)
My17
I think I read that the rear pads are all the same from the factory only the fronts were"upgraded" to a new type of pad to help with the stopping as we didn't get the upgrade calipers like the WRX...

Tokoloshe

Vehicle(s)
Levorg 2017 STI
Thanks! So after a shitload of phone calls and speaking to different machanics, spare part dealers and brake accessory dealers.... conclusion... Bendix is shit (agree as i had issues). Bremtec is next to Bendix, not so good. (These 2 have the most comebacks or complaints). Brembo is decent but mixed comments.

Best recommendations came to DBA brakes. Model DB2398SP ($96.97) online with brakesdirect.com.au.
The guy who lead me onto it was from Guildford Spares (asked $83) and without providing quote, after speaking online with guy on brakesdirect he sent me inv for $83 and free shipping from QLD.

So I'll give the DBA a go! Best price and quality as per comparing with others.

Tokoloshe

Vehicle(s)
Levorg 2017 STI
And fyi..... Subaru original rear pads..... $312 for pads.
Subaru chullora - $143 to fit supplied pads
$99 to machine discs.
Half a day work.

Thanks! So after a shitload of phone calls and speaking to different machanics, spare part dealers and brake accessory dealers.... conclusion... Bendix is shit (agree as i had issues). Bremtec is next to Bendix, not so good. (These 2 have the most comebacks or complaints). Brembo is decent but mixed comments.

Best recommendations came to DBA brakes. Model DB2398SP ($96.97) online with brakesdirect.com.au.
The guy who lead me onto it was from Guildford Spares (asked $83) and without providing quote, after speaking online with guy on brakesdirect he sent me inv for $83 and free shipping from QLD.

So I'll give the DBA a go! Best price and quality as per comparing with others.

Guvna

Vehicle(s)
MY17 Subaru Levorg 2.0LTR GTS
Unless you ran the brake pads down to the metal I don't know why your rotors would need machining, if it was a Holden maybe.

Nanginator22

Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the info mate and welcome. This forum has been so helpful since purchasing my Levorg.

I'm due for replacement pads in about 4000 km and I just started goodling. I was heading down the DBA pads myself, let us know how they go once fitted. I'm sure we're all keen for some feedback!