Stereo Head Unit won't turn on

Frank.T

Vehicle(s)
2018 Levorg 1.6GT
Hi,

I've got a 2018MY Levorg and I was reinstalling my stereo head unit after trying to track an annoying rattle. After connecting all of the looms as per how i removed them, the unit won't turn on. I've checked the obvious fuses, those marked Radio/NAV for example and they all seem ok. I'm wondering if there's an inline fuse in amongst the wrapped loom that i should be looking for? Or another fuse that's labeled something else? I've also made sure the ground is attached and tight.

All help appreciated... annoyed that a rattle has turned into an inoperative stereo.

Thanks FT

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg 1.6 GT with STI body kit 2016 (17 plate)
Hi,

I've got a 2018MY Levorg and I was reinstalling my stereo head unit after trying to track an annoying rattle. After connecting all of the looms as per how i removed them, the unit won't turn on. I've checked the obvious fuses, those marked Radio/NAV for example and they all seem ok. I'm wondering if there's an inline fuse in amongst the wrapped loom that i should be looking for? Or another fuse that's labeled something else? I've also made sure the ground is attached and tight.

All help appreciated... annoyed that a rattle has turned into an inoperative stereo.

Thanks FT
The handbook lists the fuses, so just run through the list just in case you missed one.
When my Subaru dealer replaced my head unit, it appears that the connections are shall we say, sensitive. I had to return my Levorg within minutes because I'd lost some of the functions. The engineer explained that things can get tight behind the head unit and it doesn't take much jostling to dislodge what seemed like a firm connection. He fixed it within minutes.
Power everything down, disconnect the head unit and re install it again. If it doesn't work, you may have short circuited it. Some aftermarket head units of old were prone to that as my brothers I found out to our cost, Audioline and Goodmans spring to mind.
UK wise, I estimate that a replacement would be around £1,500+ not including labour. If it comes to the worst, it could present you with a opportunity to replace / upgrade the head unit. People have done it and explained what's required on this forum.
Good luck with it.