1.6 transmission ECU

George

Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru Levorg
Hi guys. New here.
My 2018 1.6 Levorg is off the road under warranty waiting for a transmission ECU coming from Japan. Apparently no part in stock & it has to be made. ETA is 4 months. Been waiting 2 already. Purchased new. Trying to get car replaced as it seems to be expensive for parts & you can’t get them anyway. I had a right headlight h it replaced a couple of months ago. Took 3 weeks for that. Would have been $3800 for the part + fitting but was warranty. ECU apparently $2600. Also under warranty. Any suggestions on what to do here? The 1.6 seems to be a problem. I also want to get rid of it if I have to wait on repair but really don’t want to pass this car & problems on to someone else.
Waiting on a reply from Head Office with my request for a replacement car. Obviously doubtful I’ll get one. Thanks.

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg 1.6 GT with STI body kit 2016 (17 plate)
Hi guys. New here.
My 2018 1.6 Levorg is off the road under warranty waiting for a transmission ECU coming from Japan. Apparently no part in stock & it has to be made. ETA is 4 months. Been waiting 2 already. Purchased new. Trying to get car replaced as it seems to be expensive for parts & you can’t get them anyway. I had a right headlight h it replaced a couple of months ago. Took 3 weeks for that. Would have been $3800 for the part + fitting but was warranty. ECU apparently $2600. Also under warranty. Any suggestions on what to do here? The 1.6 seems to be a problem. I also want to get rid of it if I have to wait on repair but really don’t want to pass this car & problems on to someone else.
Waiting on a reply from Head Office with my request for a replacement car. Obviously doubtful I’ll get one. Thanks.
Hi George,
It's not unusual to have a new build car these days and have it parked up at a dealer awaiting the arrival of spare parts. Vehicles these days are built to the 'just in time to be fitted' assembly principle. What doesn't sound right is the lack of a courtesy car while yours is off the road.
I don't know whereabouts in the world you are, but to keep a customer sweet, it would have been nice to offer them a courtesy car, some don't have one available or wait on the customer to ask for one. Get back to the garage about that courtesy car you should be entitled to as a customer who's vehicle is being fixed under warranty. I'm presuming that it is a Subaru dealer that's got your car?