2015 Levorg 2.0 GT-S Christchurch New Zealand

Scosub

How did you find changing over the head unit? I am looking at getting a 2014 and with the concept of changing head unit pretty much straight away. All the kits I see always state for models 2016-current but then say for all models. Just wondering if you needed to get any special wiring harness or managed to get a kit?

Shanemvb

Vehicle(s)
Levorg GT-S
Hey mate. Fortunately for me, mine came with an aftermarket headunit when it was imported. I was planning on doing the same as you. However when i popped it out, i was able to fix a splice block and cut and splice. From my research beforehand the 2014 is the same as 2016. Most places just dont admit the 2016 exists as it was only sold japan at that point. The bit that seemed like it would be hard would be wether a kit is needed for the steering wheel controls. I put a sony unit in which lets you map the buttons so had no issies.

How did you find changing over the head unit? I am looking at getting a 2014 and with the concept of changing head unit pretty much straight away. All the kits I see always state for models 2016-current but then say for all models. Just wondering if you needed to get any special wiring harness or managed to get a kit?

Scosub

Hey mate. Fortunately for me, mine came with an aftermarket headunit when it was imported. I was planning on doing the same as you. However when i popped it out, i was able to fix a splice block and cut and splice. From my research beforehand the 2014 is the same as 2016. Most places just dont admit the 2016 exists as it was only sold japan at that point. The bit that seemed like it would be hard would be wether a kit is needed for the steering wheel controls. I put a sony unit in which lets you map the buttons so had no issies.
Aww sweet as, I am thinking ill just buy the kit, can get one from oz and will give it a blast. Hopefully I'll at least be able to use the harness and tweak some stuff if necessary. Thanks man.