Automatic Folding Mirrors and Windows

Rustysalami

Suffolk you are a Champion. Sometimes with these types of threads it can be confusing to get all the instructions consolidated. I'm an old mechanic (but office bound most of my life) so should be able to work it out from here - hopefully!

It really helps when someone has done the hard work in sorting out the issues. Again, much appreciated on behalf of all of us who have bought the kit. Sending you a virtual beer or coffee. Cheers. Rusty :)

Rustysalami

If you need info on how to remove pins without cutting, let me know.
Hi guys. Installation was easy. BUT. Try it without swapping the wires around on the main connector first. I swapped the wires around and it opened the drivers window when I locked the car. Our Chinese friends did something internal on mine so it actually works correctly out of the box. Maybe from your feedback Suffolk?

I swapped the wires back to how it came and works like a charm. I really like how you can open the windows when unlocking the car and vice versa.

Suffolk

Hi Rusty salami, I did contact the supplier about the problem with the wiring for rhd vehicles. Great to know that he fixed it.
Did you have a problem with the drivers door not locking or did you have to swap the wiring? Regards

Rustysalami

Hi Suffolk. I read your post and went to the garage to double check all the doors locking. Yep, they all lock with standard wiring. So anyone that gets one now it should be just plug and play. Cheers Rusty.

robo498

Vehicle(s)
My17
Hi Suffolk, I have ordered one of these on your recommendation! So I may need your advise when installing it? I am in Melbourne, so if we ever get out of lock down maybe we could meet up and you could help me install it? Thanks

robo498

Vehicle(s)
My17
It has arrived, the wires look like the "before" photo you posted, let's hope they have fixed the wiring issue on mine? .

robo498

Vehicle(s)
My17
OK, I have installed it without any mods to the wiring and it works fine with one exception, the auto window (drivers) is no longer auto?? The other 3 windows are still auto? Any idea what I should do?

robo498

Vehicle(s)
My17
You are the man! It worked now everything is working 100% after all you were the pioneer of this project for the rest of us! Thanks again.

P.s. what's your next project? Maybe auto closing sunroof? That would be great if we could some how get that to close with the rest of the windows.

Suffolk

You are the man! It worked now everything is working 100% after all you were the pioneer of this project for the rest of us! Thanks again.

P.s. what's your next project? Maybe auto closing sunroof? That would be great if we could some how get that to close with the rest of the windows.
Great that it all worked out

I just installed a SmartTap CF18 LED Flasher Module which now gives me coming home lights when unlocking and locking car.
Also has wig wag Hazzard lights.

Waiting for my auto tailgate kit to arrive, so that will be next for now.

Suffolk

I saw the wig wag lights video on line, can you tell me more the home coming lights?
All the amber lights(turning signal) stay on including my seqencial turning lights on side mirrors.

You can adjust the length of time you want them on for. Great at night, puts out plenty of light around the car.