Brake pad change 2017 Levorg

Martin

Vehicle(s)
2017 Subaru Levorg GT-S
Hi guys, just a quick question, I'm temporarily living in the Philippines and have recently purchased a 2017 Levorg. After some strange noises I've noticed my brake pads are practically non existent after 20,000k. I didnt pay too much notice when I bought it to be honest as I didn't expect they would be so low, but I guess the dreadful stop start here there is a lot of brake usage. Anyway I have no tools here so wondering what I will need to do the job. Is it just a 14mm?? spanner for the caliper bolts, some brake grease and a tool to compress the caliper? I'm guessing it's just a matter of removing wheel (obviously), unbolting caliper, slide old pads out, new pads in, caliper back on (with threadlock on the bolts, tightening very tight). I've done it many times with other cars just not sure if the Levorg has any idiocyncracies. Back pads pretty much the same? Thanks! (EDIT: I'm planning on using the Brembo ceramic for the front but having trouble finding them for the back here in Philippines, are the Akebono pads ok for the back?)

Attachments

Last edited:

robo498

Vehicle(s)
My17
I believe you are correct, I am yet to do my pads but I have done my wife's in her XV which is almost the same and I did the same procedure.

Guvna

Vehicle(s)
MY17 Subaru Levorg 2.0LTR GTS
Just be sure to remember to almost empty your master cylinder first or when you compress the calipers to fit the new pads in you’ll pump the excess fluid all over your engine bay as you’ll have too much fluid in the lines for new pads. Personally I’d bleed the system totally with new fluid too. Also be careful of the electric handbrake system connected to the rears when you do them. The nasty sound you were hearing was probably just the wear indicator pins, but just check it didn’t wear below them and gouge the rotors, if it has marked them you’ll want to have them machined before installing new pads. Good luck