Cannot access menu and saying no map card inserted

Zachary Soomai

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg 1.6 2016
Hi I recently bought a 2016 Levorg from Japan. It came with the Panasonic CN- LR700 stereo unit. I am from Trinidad and for some reason the car did not come with a map card. Also, in my opinion it is not practical to purchase a map card as there are none with maps for my region. I have been able to change the language to english on the Multi-Information Display on the gauge cluster as well as the Multi-Function Display. I have seen videos detailing how to change the stereo unit to english but it requires to first go to the menu. However, when I press the menu button it displays 'no map card inserted' on the screen. Is there any way to bypass or disable the map function which would allow me to then access the menu?

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg 1.6 GT with STI body kit 2016 (17 plate)
It may be easier for you to swap out the head unit. Different parts of the world have the FM frequency digits set in certain stages i.e. Europe in 0.5 steps so as you manually or the autotune setting, it raises in 0.5 MHz. The USA has it's own and the Japanese (and I presume the Asian peninsular) in 0.9, and that's why grey import vehicles from Japan need a adaptor to tune to UK radio stations properly or the radio never quite tunes to a UK station precisely. My brother had a grey import Toyota Celica with the same problem of radio tuning.
Trinidad I reckon would carry either the UK or USA format of FM MHz frequency spacing. And the DAB side of your unit probably wont work neither. Well my DAB radios that I took out to Jamaica last year pick up nothing. The FM side does pick up radio stations though.
My android phones that I take out do supply Google mapping of Jamaica, just not every road that I travel on. If I was you, I'd ditch that Panasonic unit for a aftermarket one with Bluetooth and Apple / Android mirroring. You can stream your music, get any radio station worldwide, make and take calls and have access to Google maps.
Swapping out the head unit has been covered before on this site if you want to consider it as a option

njennings

I have the same issue as Zachary and am also based in Trinidad. Will appreciate any suggestions on where/ how I might be able to download software to an SD card just to make the stereo unit work (preferably for free or inexpensively).

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg 1.6 GT with STI body kit 2016 (17 plate)
I have the same issue as Zachary and am also based in Trinidad. Will appreciate any suggestions on where/ how I might be able to download software to an SD card just to make the stereo unit work (preferably for free or inexpensively).
To stand any chance of your stereo units satnav to work, you would need someone in Trinidad to have a satnav the same as what is in built to your stereo and to copy the information from it. Bearing in mind that these days, the information is no longer on a SD card, it's inbuilt, you'll have a problem doing so.
As I told Zachary Soomai, it would be easier to replace it. I'm presuming that your Levorg is a 'import' from either Japan or the UK?
JDM Levorgs appear to have stereos that can easily be removed for another model. European ones look integrated fully, and you would need a fascia adaptor to get a reasonable look and finish.
Some members in this forum group have swapped out the original stereos and how to do it is mentioned somewhere here.