Electric windows not working

SpookyAwol

Vehicle(s)
MY17 Levorg 2.0 GTS
Hey guys, just been retrimming door handles and it seems perhaps I should have disconnected the battery prior to unplugging the electric window switches.

The windows still work from the local switch but not the master drivers door switch (which was working before).

What would the problem be?
Im just starting to go through fuses to see if I can locate, and I have since disconnected the battery and reconnected with no luck

Guvna

Vehicle(s)
MY17 Subaru Levorg 2.0LTR GTS
Sup Spooky, not your windows it seems lol

Whenever the battery is disconnected or goes flat you need to retrain the windows.
Do this...on each window, roll all the way down holding button in, then holding button up roll up and stop an inch or two from the top, then roll up the rest of the way and continue holding the up button for a second or two after it closes fully, then release the button. Now when you tap the down button it should work normally. Did my head in when it first happened to me too.

SpookyAwol

Vehicle(s)
MY17 Levorg 2.0 GTS
Who would have thought you need to retrain the windows :D
Works perfectly, thanks man!

clive_p

Vehicle(s)
Levorg

Whenever the battery is disconnected or goes flat you need to retrain the windows.
Do this...on each window, roll all the way down holding button in, then holding button up roll up and stop an inch or two from the top, then roll up the rest of the way and continue holding the up button for a second or two after it closes fully, then release the button. Now when you tap the down button it should work normally. Did my head in when it first happened to me too.
Thanks - after I got a new battery my windows weren't working properly, so did this and it restored full functionality.

The mind boggles - I can hardly imagine the complexity of the software you'd have to write for the microprocessor that controls the windows in order to get bizarre functionality.

Guvna

Vehicle(s)
MY17 Subaru Levorg 2.0LTR GTS
Thanks - after I got a new battery my windows weren't working properly, so did this and it restored full functionality.

The mind boggles - I can hardly imagine the complexity of the software you'd have to write for the microprocessor that controls the windows in order to get bizarre functionality.
You're welcome :cool:
The mind boggles indeed

Not As Advertised

Vehicle(s)
Levorg
Guys, what happens when you cant use the drivers master windows switch for any windows, including the drivers. I have tried reprogramming but nada zip fuck all. I am having regular battery drain issues with my 2016 GTI base model, gone through four increasingly more powerful batteries and it keeps happening. Im about to drop $300 + AUD on a jumpstart kit which is in no way a long term answer.
Can anyone help me out with the drivers window master panel?

Virgonaut

Vehicle(s)
Levorg GT-S Sport 1.6DIT
Guys, what happens when you cant use the drivers master windows switch for any windows, including the drivers. I have tried reprogramming but nada zip fuck all. I am having regular battery drain issues with my 2016 GTI base model, gone through four increasingly more powerful batteries and it keeps happening. Im about to drop $300 + AUD on a jumpstart kit which is in no way a long term answer.
Can anyone help me out with the drivers window master panel?
Never happened for driver's window. As I said... check for short circuit. Maybe this causes battery drainage.

mkamau

Vehicle(s)
subaru levorg 2016
had an issue with master controller back right window , i did reprogramming and it worked.

Jotham

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg

This worked for me