Engine oil fuel dilution in my FA20DIT

Scottyd

Hi there all, So I had been worried about the type of oil that my local Subaru dealer has been using in my car, so I have been getting it tested and now that the second test has come back with similar results its off to the dealership this week to see what they are willing to do to fix it. As I can smell fuel in the oil when I pull the dipstick out, I went and checked my wifes forester 2.5i and it doesn't smell the same at all. The oil is currently diluted at 6%.

Chris82

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg
Did you have any luck with this issue? Our car is showing high fuel dilution now and I’m struggling to find any answers.

Robsyuk

Vehicle(s)
LEVORG Sti
In my old impreza I used to think the oil smelt of fuel all the time. When I sold the car and the buyer sent the oil off for inspection it came back with no issues.
Be interesting to see what causes fuel in the oil and how to fix it.

Nzlevorg

Vehicle(s)
2014 Levorg
Could possibly be a dirty injector - occasionally they can leak fuel into the motor after running. Any pressure left in the fuel system would force fuel out the injector if it is stuck open slightly

kretzinger

Vehicle(s)
Levorg 1.6
Hi there all, So I had been worried about the type of oil that my local Subaru dealer has been using in my car, so I have been getting it tested and now that the second test has come back with similar results its off to the dealership this week to see what they are willing to do to fix it. As I can smell fuel in the oil when I pull the dipstick out, I went and checked my wifes forester 2.5i and it doesn't smell the same at all. The oil is currently diluted at 6%.
at the same time, the oil level on the dipstick is higher than the maximum mark?