Front Brakes rattle when hot

RJI

Vehicle(s)
2017 Levorg 2.0
Hi has anyone experienced rattles from the front brakes when they are hot? - the rattle only appears after country driving and goes away after a day or 2.
I have experienced this on my 2017 Levorg 2.0 GTS and also in my previous Subaru, a Liberty 3.0

Guvna

Vehicle(s)
MY17 Subaru Levorg 2.0LTR GTS
Hi has anyone experienced rattles from the front brakes when they are hot? - the rattle only appears after country driving and goes away after a day or 2.
I have experienced this on my 2017 Levorg 2.0 GTS and also in my previous Subaru, a Liberty 3.0
By rattle do you mean a clicking sound, sort of like stones in the tyres?

RJI

Vehicle(s)
2017 Levorg 2.0
No it is a metallic sound coming from the front brake area similar to a worn bearing rattle

Guvna

Vehicle(s)
Have something similar happening at the moment, but don't think it sounds like what you're describing

nicodache

wear indicator acting up maybe ?
how old are your brake pads ?

it maybe you just ever so slightly bent your discs due to heat, and it takes them a few days to be worn back flat by braking ?
it would be surprising those would get fixed by just braking though - bent discs usually require a swap.

MSven

Vehicle(s)
2016 Levorg GTS
I live rurally, sometimes i'll get a bit of gravel stuck behind the steel dust cover behind the brake rotor. sounds horrible. You can usually flex it back a little with a screwdriver and the bit will drop out.

Might be that?

Guvna

Vehicle(s)
I live rurally, sometimes i'll get a bit of gravel stuck behind the steel dust cover behind the brake rotor. sounds horrible. You can usually flex it back a little with a screwdriver and the bit will drop out.

Might be that?
That may be my issue, started after heaps of gravel road kms. Only happens turning left fast through bends, started doing it more and more, I high pressure washed around the area and it went away for a day or two. Maybe the water pressure moved it a bit. I’ll rip the wheel off and check what you said. You’re right, it’s a horrible noise, not quite a cv joint noise, but worse than a rock in the tyre noise. Thanks for the suggestion

RJI

Vehicle(s)
2017 Levorg 2.0

Might be that?
Thanks for the suggestion - I dont believe that may be the cause as it often happens after a few hundred Km's on sealed roads

Boxer gts

Vehicle(s)
2018 levorg gts 2.0
Hi my 2018 has a clunking sound after country run I have had a couple of shops look at it to no avail. Really annoying sounds like the wheel is loose on r steering rod loose