Getting a wire into the engine bay

Robsyuk

Vehicle(s)
LEVORG Sti
Is there not a bung where a clutch pedal would go through the firewall?

geeman

Vehicle(s)
2016 Levorg
There is a huge grommet on the passenger side firewall in the engine bay, which passes behind the cabin filter. I'll try get a photo today if I remember.
Otherwise Robs right there should be a space on the drivers side to where the 'clutch' pedal would normally sit.

NeilC

Vehicle(s)
2019 Levorg 2.0
Having removed the glovebox I found the large grommet, and also the grommet for the washer tube so I have a couple of options now - thanks.

There is also a spare slot in the dash fusebox that I could use if I run the cable down the other side of the car. I'm told by the supplier the 12v feed needs to be permanently live so the trailer lights work when the ignition is off. The car lights turn off when the ignition is off and I presume that would mean the trailer lights would be off too, so I don't see why I can't use the fuse slot.

Robsyuk

Vehicle(s)
LEVORG Sti
The car lights turn off when the ignition is off and I presume that would mean the trailer lights would be off too, so I don't see why I can't use the fuse slot.
You can buy piggy back adaptors to run 2 fuses off one hole if needed.

Arkatee

Vehicle(s)
Levorg 1.6 GT, Forester SF, Mazda MX5
There is also a spare slot in the dash fusebox that I could use if I run the cable down the other side of the car. I'm told by the supplier the 12v feed needs to be permanently live so the trailer lights work when the ignition is off. The car lights turn off when the ignition is off and I presume that would mean the trailer lights would be off too, so I don't see why I can't use the fuse slot.
I fitted a similar kit to my 2017 car, I wired it directly to the battery after trying different spare fuse slots and failing to get anything to work. It's the control box that needs constant power.

NeilC

Vehicle(s)
2019 Levorg 2.0
I fitted a similar kit to my 2017 car, I wired it directly to the battery after trying different spare fuse slots and failing to get anything to work. It's the control box that needs constant power.
Thank you, that will save me some time and head scratching

NeilC

Vehicle(s)
2019 Levorg 2.0
This is turning out to be harder than it should be. There are 2 small grey grommets in the engine bay, but so far I've not been able to find a route down the back of the dashboard. Every time I've tried it either comes through the pollen filter hole or I can't find the end. Very frustrating.
On the plus side it all comes apart easily
Grommets_Screenshot 2023-08-14 152305.pngInterior_Screenshot 2023-08-14 152404.png

Arkatee

Vehicle(s)
Levorg 1.6 GT, Forester SF, Mazda MX5
I went in the other side, ran the cable through this spare grommet next to the master cylinder. Poke the wire through this, and it comes out up behind the pedals

IMG_0616.jpeg