Hi from Australia - 1H(ot)W(agon)5(S)Ti is born!

Dee

Hey all,

Didn't know there would be a Levorg forum, til i googled for it :) My name is Dee from Australia. Currently awaiting delivery of MY16 Subaru Levorg GT-S Spec B. Can't wait. Current rides are MY05 Subaru Forester XT Luxury and soon to be gone MY12 Subaru Forester Luxury. I am usually lurking around the Subaru Forester forums, but probably more so on here now :D

Look forward to future discussions and brain picking about these cars.

Dee

H_Green

Hi Dee
Snap, I'm waiting for the call to say my GT-S spec B is ready too :D, it's been waiting in Sydney since last week to head to Newcastle
My current car is a 2005 Subaru Impreza RV that I will have to sell (along with an old faithfull 2000 Outback) to make room for this one, got too many cars and not enough garage space

Really want to see what can be done with this car (with that CVT), this is a long termer for me...and I made a mistake with the impreza of not doing the things I wanted to her early on

Dee

Looks like a lot of Spec B owners emerging :) Anticipation is a killer!

Not sure if this one will be a long term keeper for me. I have a habit of only keeping cars for no more than 10 yrs. Will have to wait and see how this one performs on a day to day basis. I just love the new car smell and seeing how low the kms are on the speedo, I just want that feeling all the time, lol :p

Dee

Yes! Got an email from dealer, saying car should be in this week. Won't be picking it up til Saturday thou, as it's kinda hard during the week.

Question, is it just the front windows that don't have tint and the rest of the windows are tinted? If so, may have to ask dealer to tint them before picking it up.

IANDLP

The rear glass is actually privacy glass which looks like tint. So yes you just need to get the front door windows done

Dee

Thanks for that. Just received engine and vin number. Now just waiting for car to be registered and all accessories fitted. Ending the week with a new car is just awesome, haha!

Dee

Just picked up the car! Can't stop smiling :D So far in such little time of driving it, so good. Smooth and quiet and handles great. Can't wait til it clocks more kms to really test it out.

Will upload pics when I transfer it off the cam.

Dee

Quick question for those that are in the know. How easy/hard is it to get the front grille off and get access to the indicator bulbs?

Dee

Can't believe 2 months have flown by, but still loving it so far.

Question for everyone - will the gear changes when flooring it get smoother? or will it always have a slight jerk when changing? I noticed when I first used sports & sports# modes etc it was quite rough with the gear changes, but after using it more and more, it got smoother, but still not seamless like when you're just cruising along.

Wished the Spec B had an STi engine to differ itself more from the other 2 versions.

Last edited:

Dee

Mine have been smooth since day dot so not too sure
Don't get me wrong, it has been seamless gear changing since first picking it up, but mainly when cruising. Once the 'break in' period was over and I rammed my foot through the floor, that's when I noticed the gear changes (mainly in sports/sports# mode). Is it suppose to be noticeable with gear changes with hard acceleration or is it still suppose to be seamless with the CVT? Sorry, I may have been over the top describing it as rough.

Last edited:

MrLee

Don't get me wrong, it has been seamless gear changing since first picking it up, but mainly when cruising. Once the 'break in' period was over and I rammed my foot through the floor, that's when I noticed the gear changes (mainly in sports/sports# mode). Is it suppose to be noticeable with gear changes with hard acceleration or is it still suppose to be seamless with the CVT? Sorry, I may have been over the top describing it as rough.
I am still in break in period (not even 100km yet) but if I was ramming the accelerator to the floor I would be using the paddles for gear changes.

Dee

Yer, I could do. Have to get use to the idea of the paddles. I tried it a few times before, but just felt odd (coming from only manual owned cars).

Last edited:

Parian

I was on a budget so purchased a demo with just over 2k on the clock so today's drive i was able to give it a good run.

In S# mode, you really want to be on the paddles for maximum out of the car. I found the overall drive considerably better by doing so.