Idoing / climate change swap from JDM headunit ?

lerroy

Vehicle(s)
White 2014 2.0 GTS
Hi all

Anyone done a idoing or similar head unit for the JDM spec climate controls 2015 ?

0302639A30230726W00309.jpg

I have contacted idoing but haven't been that helpful, have advised this model but pretty sure the climate controls are different and it wont fit

Anyone have anther solution doesn't have to be idoing

thanks

lerroy

Vehicle(s)
White 2014 2.0 GTS
update:

Idoing told me I need to get new climate controls as below

part.png

They said that's what they've done in the past.

Robsyuk

Vehicle(s)
LEVORG Sti
I plan to change the stock jdm head unit in mine, as it doesn't work here in the UK.
Strangely, every jdm radio I see is different to mine with different climate controls.
Here's mine, and Idoing said I need a different surround for the stereo to fit.

Attachments

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg 1.6 GT with STI body kit 2016 (17 plate)
Hi all

Anyone done a idoing or similar head unit for the JDM spec climate controls 2015 ?

View attachment 1664

I have contacted idoing but haven't been that helpful, have advised this model but pretty sure the climate controls are different and it wont fit

Anyone have anther solution doesn't have to be idoing

thanks
You've really got your work cut out with that problem. To cut a long story short, I had a Mazda 6 with a stereo problem similar to yours. I broke mine and got a US one that wouldn't hook up and give me use of all facilities. You'd probably be better off trying to source an adaptor / converter to enable UK radio reception, a modulator used to be available for FM reception in the heady days of grey imports in the 80's and 90's. Or see if a UK Subaru dealer is willing to program it to accept European DAB/FM reception. That was exactly the reason why I shied away from getting a grey import Levorg. In Japan and the USA, they use different stepping frequencies for digital and FM radio.
You may have to be content with Bluetooth for music, sat nav and radio reception via your mobile phone, if that connects to your mobile phone. Good luck.

lerroy

Vehicle(s)
White 2014 2.0 GTS
I plan to change the stock jdm head unit in mine, as it doesn't work here in the UK.
Strangely, every jdm radio I see is different to mine with different climate controls.
Hi Robsyuk

interesting I thought there were only two variations of climate controls.

You've really got your work cut out with that problem. To cut a long story short, I had a Mazda 6 with a stereo problem similar to yours. I broke mine and got a US one that wouldn't hook up and give me use of all facilities. You'd probably be better off trying to source an adaptor / converter to enable UK radio reception, a modulator used to be available for FM reception in the heady days of grey imports in the 80's and 90's. Or see if a UK Subaru
I don't have any issues with radio stations or Bluetooth on the stock unit but would love some android / apple wireless car play.
yep looks like its going to be a fun project. :)

lerroy

Vehicle(s)
White 2014 2.0 GTS
And update on this

I bought 2017 WRX climate controls from Beforward and its a straight swap to the levorg climate control, exactly same connector
I have installed new idoing head unit and all is well :p

Daniel03

I have the same climate control, have you made the head unit replacement as yet?