JDM head unit Eyesight module

miggi747

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg VM4
Greetings from New Zealand.

This is my first post as I've recently acquired a Subaru Levorg 1.6 from Japan.

I'm currently preparing to swap out the Panasonic CN-LR700D head unit for an aftermarket unit with Android/Apple integration. As I disassembled the center console, I noticed a little box placed on top of the head unit itself. It has wires that go inside the dashboard toward the direction of my instrument cluster (vehicle is right-hand drive).

It has part number FA0600139 and according to poorly translated Japanese websites, it's somehow related to the Eyesight system. Would anyone know if it's okay to remove this and where in the car is this module plugged into?

1714949275092.png

1714949293312.png

lerroy

Vehicle(s)
White 2014 2.0 GTS
That's the navigation unit that connects to the Panasonic head unit. It also gives you the compass on the multi function display.

I removed mine when installing android head unit wont cause any problems (other than loosing the compass )

from memory I think its connects to GPS antenna. either way has no effect on on isight when removed.

here's a thread discussing

https://levorgclub.com/threads/wiring-diagrams.794/

Last edited:

miggi747

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg VM4
That's the navigation unit that connects to the Panasonic head unit. It also gives you the compass on the multi function display.

I removed mine when installing android head unit wont cause any problems (other than loosing the compass )

from memory I think its connects to GPS antenna. either way has no effect on on isight when removed.

here's a thread discussing

https://levorgclub.com/threads/wiring-diagrams.794/
Thanks for responding. Been reading about your own Levorg build as I plan to replace the Panasonic HU (not with iDoing though). Your photos are really helpful.

Back to the navigation unit, I do want to remove it completely. I have removed the blue connector but some of the wires go behind the dashboard. By any chance, would you know where those wires go to?

lerroy

Vehicle(s)
White 2014 2.0 GTS
Thanks for responding. Been reading about your own Levorg build as I plan to replace the Panasonic HU (not with iDoing though). Your photos are really helpful.

Back to the navigation unit, I do want to remove it completely. I have removed the blue connector but some of the wires go behind the dashboard. By any chance, would you know where those wires go to?
I'm not 100% sorry on that blue cable.. I thought it went to the jdm toll / rego thingo but I don't think it does

From the other thread it looks like that's the 6 volt power for the unit coming from fuse box?

Other cables I would assume go to GPS antenna?

Last edited:

luke_84

Vehicle(s)
Levorg

I believe it is mentioned here https://levorgclub.com/threads/wiring-diagrams.794/