Levorg manual transmission conversion

ToxyRocker

Question: My 2016 Levorg does not have EyeSight, would it be easier to do the conversion not dealing with the EyeSight?

Guvna

Vehicle(s)
MY17 Subaru Levorg 2.0LTR GTS
Question: My 2016 Levorg does not have EyeSight, would it be easier to do the conversion not dealing with the EyeSight?
Absolutely. Some eyesight functions are the only thing stopping a successful conversion to date. Without the eyesight it’s relatively straight forward, depending where you are the only thing is you may have to get an engineering certificate for the work because it never came out as a manual from factory.

Guvna

Vehicle(s)
My 2017 has it.. looked at 2016 Levorg on Australian car website, they all had eyesight technology... maybe it is a location thing? Are your both Australian based?
Sup Luke, Yeah all Aussie Levorgs came with eyesight. No eyesight wasn't an option for us. I would totally LOVE this car with a manual, but I must say I wouldn't want to lose the Adaptive Cruise because it's awesome. Damn! Why must I choose between the two?! The FA20 is capable of handling so much more torque and kw, with a manual the engine becomes the governing factor, and it can take more than I need, not necessarily more than I want but hey

Luke Rado

Sup Luke, Yeah all Aussie Levorgs came with eyesight. No eyesight wasn't an option for us. I would totally LOVE this car with a manual, but I must say I wouldn't want to lose the Adaptive Cruise because it's awesome. Damn! Why must I choose between the two?! The FA20 is capable of handling so much more torque and kw, with a manual the engine becomes the governing factor, and it can take more than I need, not necessarily more than I want but hey
Spewin’ Hewin! I really wanted to build a manual WrX front bumper Levorg weapon. Guess my dreams are shattered then family and fun car it is, will need to look for another wagon to build as a fun car haha
but You’re completely right Guvna, the practicality significantly outweighs the few times I would have use of a fun car and in QLD quickly becoming a nanny state, my license is probably better for it! Haha

now to dream for an uprated CVT box...o_O

Arkatee

Vehicle(s)
Levorg 1.6 GT, Forester SF, Mazda MX5
Seeing as the Levorg has the same platform and front end as the 2015> WRX STI, a full driveline swap would be the best plan, at least here in the UK. Buy a pre-Eyesight Levorg 1.6, a wrecked WRX STI, and an XV. Put the 2.5 EJ and 6 speed box in the Vorg, put the 1.6 turbo and CVT in the XV. Job done. Probably cost a ridiculously large amount of money, but you'd end up with a couple of interesting cars.

Luke Rado

Of eyesights ?
Well, yeah. But at least, water swirls the right way in the toilet. Also we got good beer, and no black mamba :D
No I mean I’m jealous you didn’t get the eyesight... because we only got the Eyesight version there is a good chance we can’t even import non-eyesight ones legally... I could be wrong though.

Arkatee, that’s actually a great plan!

Guvna

Vehicle(s)
Spewin’ Hewin! I really wanted to build a manual WrX front bumper Levorg weapon. Guess my dreams are shattered then family and fun car it is, will need to look for another wagon to build as a fun car haha
but You’re completely right Guvna, the practicality significantly outweighs the few times I would have use of a fun car and in QLD quickly becoming a nanny state, my license is probably better for it! Haha

now to dream for an uprated CVT box...o_O
Mmmmm YUM! An uprated CVT... Yes palease! Unfortunately, it looks as though Subaru is going the other way, and down rating the engines instead. No more Rex engines in Levorgs, they're lowering the engine size and output to keep the Torque under 250-300Nm so the CVT likes it. Our 2 point 0's are becoming a thing of the past, glad I got one to hang onto. Now ther new Rex on the other hand, WHEN I win the lotto I'll put that engine and gearbox in the Vorg, FA24 pumping out 400 stock horses from factory with a six speed built to take more, ooh baybe, that would be a wagon weapon.
Mighty Car Mods built a sweet Subie Wagon Weapon, see link below
There’s like 13 parts or so to the series but I enjoyed it, 11 second Subie Wagon

Smidge

Hey guys, that’s my video in the previous post and I’ve successfully swapped an entire 2018 sti into a levorg. It’s an experiment as I understand eyesight potentially makes it unregisterable depending where you’re based.

it drives amazingly well, it’s the Subaru they really should always have made. Good power, the 6 speed is a dream, and it was very straight forward with only a few wiring issues. It’s a big job, took about a week with 2 people and a hoist. Would be faster the 2nd time round now we know what needs to be done.

can’t stress how much better this makes the car. The cvt absolutely takes everything away. I’ve owned about 5 Subaru wagons including the one above with 6 speed and 400hp. The levorg feels like an updated version.

using a wrx instead of an sti is a great idea as easier to retain eyesight but unless some one fully cracka the code and effectively gets it to work it’s going to stay as a dream for most.

If I can’t get mine engineered I’ll put the driveline into something else.

ToxyRocker

Hey guys, that’s my video in the previous post and I’ve successfully swapped an entire 2018 sti into a levorg. It’s an experiment as I understand eyesight potentially makes it unregisterable depending where you’re based.

it drives amazingly well, it’s the Subaru they really should always have made. Good power, the 6 speed is a dream, and it was very straight forward with only a few wiring issues. It’s a big job, took about a week with 2 people and a hoist. Would be faster the 2nd time round now we know what needs to be done.

can’t stress how much better this makes the car. The cvt absolutely takes everything away. I’ve owned about 5 Subaru wagons including the one above with 6 speed and 400hp. The levorg feels like an updated version.

using a wrx instead of an sti is a great idea as easier to retain eyesight but unless some one fully cracka the code and effectively gets it to work it’s going to stay as a dream for most.

If I can’t get mine engineered I’ll put the driveline into something else.
So you are Marty from Mighty Car Mods?
If thats true i hope there will be a video on the whole process of the swap.
I've been wanting to do a swap since i bought my Levorg. Mine is a 2016 without the eyesight so there wouldn't be any big problems with the engineering part for me.

Smidge

Yeah if you don’t have eyesight you’ll be completely fine. Get yourself a crashed wrx or Sti and go at it

ToxyRocker

Yeah if you don’t have eyesight you’ll be completely fine. Get yourself a crashed wrx or Sti and go at it
Not so easy in Sweden. If a car has been crashed and the insurance company has totaled the car, you can't buy it back. It can't leave the scrapyard and has to be scraped. However the scrapyard can sell all the parts. (except complete chassis)
The only time you can buy a crashed car is if the owner did not go through the insurance company. And on a 2015 and up wrx that's basically zero chance here.

Easiest way to do it for me is to buy all the needed pieces separately from the scrapyard.
And that's also why i haven't done it. I'd like to have a "parts list" or something similar to refer to.
My Levorg is my only car and and cant really afford to have it disassembled for long.

Smidge

I can give you an STI parts list but that may be different from an FA powered car. I dont know if the FA powered car has the same dash loom as we needed to swap basically the entire dash, fuse box, engine loom and then pin in some of the required items from the sti (like the DCCD controller) back up into the dash loom.

could be a LOT simpler with a manual WRX of the same vintage. I know for a fact the gearbox and shifter and clutch pedal and all that will bolt up no problem. check the diff ratio though, you may be best grabbing the WRX rear diff also.

Robsyuk

Vehicle(s)
LEVORG Sti
I love that someone has done this. I however would want an updated auto version that could take some serious power

Robsyuk

Vehicle(s)
LEVORG Sti
Not so easy in Sweden. If a car has been crashed and the insurance company has totaled the car, you can't buy it back. It can't leave the scrapyard and has to be scraped. However the scrapyard can sell all the parts. (except complete chassis)
The only time you can buy a crashed car is if the owner did not go through the insurance company. And on a 2015 and up wrx that's basically zero chance here.

Easiest way to do it for me is to buy all the needed pieces separately from the scrapyard.
And that's also why i haven't done it. I'd like to have a "parts list" or something similar to refer to.
My Levorg is my only car and and cant really afford to have it disassembled for long.
Could you not get a crashed one exported and delivered to you.