New boots

Brockstar

Vehicle(s)
2016 Levorg GT. Brock B36 wheels
Finally got my new wheels on. Ideally would've gone for the original STi wheels but they seem to be as rare as rocking horse s**t here in the UK! After months of scanning the internet I settled on these Brock B36's and I have to say I'm more than over the moon with them. They're 18x8 with an offset of E45. This means they have filled the arches perfectly without the need for spacers.
Couldn't believe the name of the make because it's my surname - I now have wheels with my name on them!! IMG_8086.jpgIMG_8085.jpg

Guvna

Vehicle(s)
MY17 Subaru Levorg 2.0LTR GTS
Nice boots
They fill those arches nicely, any rubbing, especially with a load on? Just need to drop it an inch now ;)

Brockstar

Vehicle(s)
Nice boots
They fill those arches nicely, any rubbing, especially with a load on? Just need to drop it an inch now ;)
No rubbing at all. Which is probably why I won't lower it. I was tempted but there are times I do carry some weight at the back.

nicodache

got myself some rota gravel in 18x8 ET44, fills the arches fine too :cool:

I reckon this should have been the factory ET, instead of that weird 55 :)

Brockstar

Vehicle(s)

Yeah the 55 was soooo far into the arches! And while trawling through what seemed like thousands of wheels to find the right set, never once did I see a wheel with the ET55!
I like the look of a mesh grille but OEM or even aftermarket parts for the Levorg seem pretty rare here in the UK

Guvna

Vehicle(s)
MY17 Subaru Levorg 2.0LTR GTS
Yeah the 55 was soooo far into the arches! And while trawling through what seemed like thousands of wheels to find the right set, never once did I see a wheel with the ET55!
I like the look of a mesh grille but OEM or even aftermarket parts for the Levorg seem pretty rare here in the UK
The 55 offset is only made by OEM’s. I agree the wheels look so much better closer to the guard edges, improves the look of the stance from behind and the front as well. I like my OEM STi rims but would need spacers to achieve that look. Unfortunately wheel spacers aren’t legal here in Australia, definitely not in Victoria :(

Shanemvb

Vehicle(s)
Levorg GT-S

Hey,
With the 44 offset do you have any rubbing, have you ever had people in the back to see if any issues? I’m looking at 42 offset however I have people in the back semi frequently.
Thanks

nicodache

no issues whatsoever. however I'm driving alone.

42 offset will push the rim out a bit, but you'd need to check for rim width and tire sidewall and stuff.

I can't recommend anything here (as I usually don't drive with passengers). you could (maybe potentially why not) just get a single rim and a single tyre in the size you want, and see if it rubs, before you commit to the whole 4 corners ?

Shanemvb

Vehicle(s)
Levorg GT-S
no issues whatsoever. however I'm driving alone.

42 offset will push the rim out a bit, but you'd need to check for rim width and tire sidewall and stuff.

I can't recommend anything here (as I usually don't drive with passengers). you could (maybe potentially why not) just get a single rim and a single tyre in the size you want, and see if it rubs, before you commit to the whole 4 corners ?
Went for it, no issues on 18x8 42p 225/45 with 250kg in the back.

samlux

Vehicle(s)
Levorg GT-S Forester XT
Finally got my new wheels on. Ideally would've gone for the original STi wheels but they seem to be as rare as rocking horse s**t here in the UK! After months of scanning the internet I settled on these Brock B36's and I have to say I'm more than over the moon with them. They're 18x8 with an offset of E45. This means they have filled the arches perfectly without the need for spacers.
Couldn't believe the name of the make because it's my surname - I now have wheels with my name on them!! View attachment 926View attachment 927
Car looks awesome mate, where are you from in the UK?

nicodache

quick calc ; that's 27.5mm more poke on the outer face of the rim, and 23.5 on the inner one.
That has some chances of rubbing inside when turning, and outside when squatting. any chance you'd find the wheel you're after in 19x9 instead ?

True, you'll get a regular 255, not a stretch. depends what you're after :D

Shanemvb

Vehicle(s)
Levorg GT-S
Hey dude. Just wondering if you had put your wheels on your car yet and how it was going. Have you had any rubbing issues?
I'm looking at 19x10 (+40) 255/35.
just did a bigfishing trip. Back roads, windy hills etc, with 4 adults and gear on the18x8 42p 225/45, stock suspension. No issues at all. Agree with nico above that the poke on a 10 inch wode rim will likely be your issue. I am close to the guard with mine.

Vehicle(s)
2017 Levorg GTS
quick calc ; that's 27.5mm more poke on the outer face of the rim, and 23.5 on the inner one.
That has some chances of rubbing inside when turning, and outside when squatting. any chance you'd find the wheel you're after in 19x9 instead ?

True, you'll get a regular 255, not a stretch. depends what you're after :D
I was going for as close to standard wheel diameter as possible. That combination with the tires makes it only 1mm larger than stock.

You may call me crazy, but the wheel I want to get (enkei GTC02) has 3 different faces.
images (1).jpeg
I really want the rear face, and it is only available with huge width and/or offset.

I didn't realise the difference between 9 and 10 was so massive. The rim supplier warned me a little as well.

I've trawled the internet and seen a lot of different Subaru on 9 and 10 wide wheels. Just hoping someone has done it and can tell me what they had to do

Thanks for the math Nico. I've been trying to use a tyre fit calculator, but this will help better visually on the real car!

Last edited:

Skreaming Flea

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg 2017 MY18 , 2019 ASX Black edition, 1975 Chrysler Centura
Wheels look good mate. I've been trying to find something nice. Am thinking of a set of WRX STi wheels. 245/40-18.
I do like the look of them.

Attachments

Vehicle(s)
2017 Levorg GTS
just did a bigfishing trip. Back roads, windy hills etc, with 4 adults and gear on the18x8 42p 225/45, stock suspension. No issues at all. Agree with nico above that the poke on a 10 inch wode rim will likely be your issue. I am close to the guard with mine.
Got any photos?

nicodache

Thanks for the math Nico. I've been trying to use a tyre fit calculator, but this will help better visually on the real car!
I've used Japan Racing calculator (https://jr-wheels.com/et-calculator), that gives a visual indication on how much poke you get.
Combine that tool with rim specs you can find from members here and you can get yourself an idea how it may fit.

FWIW, I'm running 8-wide with ET44, with no rubbing issue. I wouldn't be as confident with a 10-wide ET40 though :eek: