Possible buyer - questions

Andras

Dear Community,

I am currently considering buying an used mid sized estate.
My current car is a Volvo S40 from 2011, which is fine, but I could do with more space and I want to move on from diesel engines.
I was drawn to the Levorg because of the boxer engine and AWD, also the eyesight adaptive tempomat. As you may have guessed from my current car, I am not a sporty driver, more comfort-oriented really.
In my local market, there are only a few Levorgs for sale and not much experience with them. Which I can buy though are all from around 2016 in GT-S trim and 1.6 gas engine.

I read about Levorg that it has a very firm ride, but I also read that it is fine, so I do not know which it is. Can you owners verify this for me? Additinally if the stock suspension is firm, can I replace it with softer aftermarket ones? I did try to search for replacements (eg.: on autodoc), but did not find much.
They wrote that GT-S version is firm, but the normal GT is just fine. Are the shocks in these interchangeable?

My other question is also something I read in reviews is the road noise. They complained it being loud. I owned an 2013 Suzuki SX4, which I found lound above 120kph, but my current S40 is just fine. Maybe one of you has experience with either of these two cars and can give me a reference on how the Levorg compares? That would be great

Thank you in advance

Andyk

Vehicle(s)
Levorg GT 2.0 - Renault Wind
I find my Levorg firm but not uncomfortably so. I had an Audi A6 saloon before the Levorg and it is no firmer than that and the roads round me are very poor.

Regards the noise, the Levorg is pretty quiet (especially if you come from a diesel). The engine can be revy and a bit loud because of the CVT but only when pushing hard or very steep hills. After getting used to the CVT I actually prefer it now. 95% of the time it is so smooth and quiet, just the 5% when you are pushing it you get the high revs. Again coming from an A6 I don't find it noisy. So I'm pleased with mine.

Arkatee

Vehicle(s)
Levorg 1.6 GT, Forester SF, Mazda MX5
Where are you? Specs are different in different markets, for instance, in Europe (and UK) the EyeSight system is only fitted on post 2017 cars. Sounds like you need to do a test drive to find out noise levels etc, they're very subjective.

Regards the noise, the Levorg is pretty quiet (especially if you come from a diesel). The engine can be revy and a bit loud because of the CVT but only when pushing hard or very steep hills
It's worth pointing out that yours is a non-turbo 2L - the 1.6 turbo doesn't need high revs when pushing on or hill climbing, due to the extra torque, and the engine is one of the quietest I've had. Road noise is quite high on the standard 225/45 18" wheels though, but much quieter on the alternative 215/50 17", along with better comfort and steering.

Andras

I am from Hungary, but I assume most cars for sale here are imports.
I do not mind switching to 17". Potholes are not rare around here, so the more rubber, the better...