Reverse camera not working

jarocki

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg VMG GT-S
Hello all. Ever since i imported my JDM 2015 Levorg GT-S the reverse camera was not working. Has anyone come across this and possibly be able to advise what might be the issue? It's possible that when the person installed it they did not connect it back up or possibly has different voltage? I've attached photo of the aftermarket radio it came with.

Attachments

rnvb

Have you tried using Google translate on your phone to get through the menu? You can use the camera to translate anything you point it at into English. Really useful. I just tried it on your picture and it looks to be a setup screen. Bottom right button is to continue the setup procedure it seems.

Also this link may help to change the language from Japanese to English.

jarocki

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg VMG GT-S
Have you tried using Google translate on your phone to get through the menu? You can use the camera to translate anything you point it at into English. Really useful. I just tried it on your picture and it looks to be a setup screen. Bottom right button is to continue the setup procedure it seems.

Also this link may help to change the language from Japanese to English.
Thanks i'll go into the settings of the unit to see if anything comes up about the reversing camera. Yes i did that set up screen a while ago. Don't recall reversing came pop up? I also read somewhere about the voltage being different when aftermarket unit being installed for the reverse camera. 6V to 12 V adaptors being required?

Last edited:

jarocki

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg VMG GT-S
Update. Got it working. The camera itself was turned off in the settings of the radio itself.