Start up warning lights

Doogz32

Vehicle(s)
2018 Levorg GTS 2.0
Hi folks,

Since yesterday, my levorg has decided to display warning lights on the dash upon start up (i.e eyesight off, check engine light on, lane assist off, obstacle detection off, traction control off, etc) with a msg saying check owner's manual.

Couldn't find anything in the manual about a situation where this occurs and what to do. Before I call the dealership for a service/check, just wanted to run this by the brains trust here in case anyone else has experienced this and whether there's an easy fix.

Car seems to run fine otherwise, it's just the presence of all the lights that's worrisome ... especially to the Mrs.

Anyways, hope everyone had a safe Easter. Looking forward to the upcoming long weekend!

Cheers,
Marco

Attachments

Guvna

Vehicle(s)
MY17 Subaru Levorg 2.0LTR GTS
G'day Doogz,
Totally understand the worry these lights bring on. Quick question for you, have you had a flat battery lately? I've just had to replace my battery recently (it lasted just shy of 5 years). Whenever the old one went flat (2 or 3 times), I would disconnect it from the car and charge it overnight. Upon reconnecting the battery I would have the same warning lights you have described illuminate on my dash. Also the power windows auto function would'nt work, and the drivers door controls would not activate the other 3 windows at all. Simply driving the car for a while, sometimes for even several stop starts, the car would recalibrate itself and these warning lights would go away on their own. The windows on the other hand need to be reset manually on each door control separately, by doing the following to each door. Press and hold the window down control and continue holding it down for approx 5 seconds after it reaches the bottom. Then pull the window switch up until the window is totally closed and continue to hold the switch up for approx 5 seconds. The window controls for that door should now function as normal. Repeat this procedure for the remaining doors and all windows and switches will function correctly. I'm hoping that your battery has indeed gone flat recently, that way these problem warning lights will rectify themselves. Hope this helps mate.

robo498

Vehicle(s)
My17
When the eyesight is off the 2 lights at the bottom come on (has happened to me when the windscreen fogged up) when it cleared eyesight came on and the 2 bottom lights went out. You need to plug into the OBD2 plug and see what the check engine light is all about. I think supercheap auto can do that for you? Please let us know how you go. Good luck!

Doogz32

Vehicle(s)
2018 Levorg GTS 2.0
Thanks @Guvna and @robo498. After work yesterday, I was still experiencing the same issue as I made my way to pick up bub from daycare. But when I left the centre, the problem no longer presented itself. Had turned the engine on and off a couple more times last night, and no issues at all, no beep sound on start up and warning lights. Still strange to me that it happened then went away without no apparent reason ... but kinda glad it's gone for now.

I doubt it had anything to do with the dash cam having SD card issues around the same time (which I had reformatted). It does connect to the cigarette lighter socket, maybe some kind of electrical-related fault that threw things off?

All good for now!

Guvna

Vehicle(s)
MY17 Subaru Levorg 2.0LTR GTS
Thanks @Guvna and @robo498. After work yesterday, I was still experiencing the same issue as I made my way to pick up bub from daycare. But when I left the centre, the problem no longer presented itself. Had turned the engine on and off a couple more times last night, and no issues at all, no beep sound on start up and warning lights. Still strange to me that it happened then went away without no apparent reason ... but kinda glad it's gone for now.

I doubt it had anything to do with the dash cam having SD card issues around the same time (which I had reformatted). It does connect to the cigarette lighter socket, maybe some kind of electrical-related fault that threw things off?

All good for now!
Sweet, good to hear.

CQLEVORG

Vehicle(s)
2017 GTS Levorg
Afternoon All,
We have just had this exact issue today has anyone else come across this ? We had the vehicle Scanned by Supercheap but it had no codes.. Also tried the old Battery discconnect reset but they came back... Subaru cant get us in until friday ( We are booked in) and unfortunately I have a distrust for dealers.

PresidentPackage

Vehicle(s)
2014 Subaru Levorg 2.0 GT-S
Hey, I posted this in another thread but I had an identical issue - for me, it turned out it was the ABS module needing replacing (fault codes indicated this issue also) - e.g., bad signals from the module meant Eyesight had an issue with being able to emergency brake with the Collison Avoidance etc, so disabled itself outright as a result as a safety measure. Was an easy/straight swap by the dealer and has been working ever since

Robsyuk

Vehicle(s)
LEVORG Sti
Hey, I posted this in another thread but I had an identical issue - for me, it turned out it was the ABS module needing replacing (fault codes indicated this issue also) - e.g., bad signals from the module meant Eyesight had an issue with being able to emergency brake with the Collison Avoidance etc, so disabled itself outright as a result as a safety measure. Was an easy/straight swap by the dealer and has been working ever since
Did that cost an arm and a leg?

jarocki

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg VMG GT-S
Hey all i have this issue now. As noted above. My car was imported from japan and battery would have been dead arriving to Ireland. The drive home was fine but after i cleaned the car and opened the fuel filler cap the 3 lights above are now on. Hoping like doozg32 the issue just goes away after a few start stops.

jarocki

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg VMG GT-S
I got thr car down to thr mechanic and plugged in. Came up oxegen sensor. Engine light along with the 2 eyesight light have gone off a couple times but have always reappeared. Does the o2 sensor need to be replaced?

Robsyuk

Vehicle(s)
LEVORG Sti
I got thr car down to thr mechanic and plugged in. Came up oxegen sensor. Engine light along with the 2 eyesight light have gone off a couple times but have always reappeared. Does the o2 sensor need to be replaced?
Yes. Make sure you use oem and not a cheap part

jarocki

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg VMG GT-S
Yes. Make sure you use oem and not a cheap part
Thanks i will change with OEM. What would cause it to come and go though i can't understand. Before that the car was shipped from Japan so was probably had a dead battery for many weeks possibly up to 2 months. Has it just the one oxegen sensor?

Robsyuk

Vehicle(s)
LEVORG Sti
Thanks i will change with OEM. What would cause it to come and go though i can't understand. Before that the car was shipped from Japan so was probably had a dead battery for many weeks possibly up to 2 months. Has it just the one oxegen sensor?
The oxygen sensor can clog up and stop working. Funny enough, my old impreza's oxygen sensor failed a month after it arrived from Japan. It could be the different fuel effecting it.
I see oxygen sensors like light bulbs & mad sensors. Delicate little things.

jarocki

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg VMG GT-S
The oxygen sensor can clog up and stop working. Funny enough, my old impreza's oxygen sensor failed a month after it arrived from Japan. It could be the different fuel effecting it.
I see oxygen sensors like light bulbs & mad sensors. Delicate little things.
That's a good point. Although it came on with same fuel in the tank but sure that's been sitting there for months. Let it run through a few tanks of the irish stuff and see if it clears itself

Robsyuk

Vehicle(s)
LEVORG Sti
That's a good point. Although it came on with same fuel in the tank but sure that's been sitting there for months. Let it run through a few tanks of the irish stuff and see if it clears itself
I did read somewhere about using a blowtorch to get the sensor red hot to burn the carbon off.
I was too paranoid about blowing my engine up doing this.
An ej20 running poorly due to a faulty sensor will die in no time.

jarocki

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg VMG GT-S
Might give it a week or so to see if it stays off for good. If not it will need to be replaced. It's the FA20 engine in mine. Part number 22690AB010 for VMG comes up. Is that right?

Robsyuk

Vehicle(s)
LEVORG Sti
Might give it a week or so to see if it stays off for good. If not it will need to be replaced. It's the FA20 engine in mine. Part number 22690AB010 for VMG comes up. Is that right?
It could be right. If you can, take the old one out as the part number will be on it.