Subaru Levorg - interior heating problems in the winter

Jontsu00

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg 1.6 CVT 2016
Hello!

I own a Subaru Levorg 1.6l 2016. I have a problem with it here in Finland now in the winter time. Even at -4 degrees i'm feeling cold in the car. The windows stay clear atleast with these outside temps but still feels like something is not right with the heater. I am afraid how its going to be when its getting colder to the normal outside temps (-20 - -30 celsius). Engine temps rise to the normal kinda slow but once they get there it stays right in the middle and stays there sharp. When driving longer distances it feels like the car is blowing warm air in the beginning of the journey but on some point it just blows pretty chill air and it gets worse in the lower speeds and idle.

I have checked the coolant level and its ok. Anybody having same experiences or suggestions?

Thanks!

nicodache

Did you (or the mechanic) bled the cooling system in the past ? could it be it wasn't bled properly ?
Is your cooling system 100% cooling stuff, or you have a mix of water ?

If you force the heater in "manual", fully hot, and fan at max, it's still cold ? from all the cooling/heating exhaust (feet, windshield, face ?)
IIRC windshield cannot give warm air, if you leave it on that one (instead of using auto), you're not gonna get warm :(

HTH

Jontsu00

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg 1.6 CVT 2016
Official Subaru repair shop changed the A/C condenser becauase there was a crack in it as warranty job in the summer. I dont actually know if they drained the system or not. I was actually thinking too that maybe there is air still in the system, so i guess i will have to try bleeding the air from the system. I'm pretty sure that they have used correct coolant mix with the car.

On the last longer trip we tried getting hot air to the car by changing the heater settings to different including manual and max settings and changing where the air is coming from but there was only a little difference to none.

Tommygtt

Vehicle(s)
Levorg!
In winter i realized that cold air gets into the car... my problem is on the door.
When i pull the door handle, i can feel the cold air. I think the air comes in through the handle plastic and it happens on the four doors...

Guvna

Vehicle(s)
MY17 Subaru Levorg 2.0LTR GTS
Gday Jontsu, Sounds chilly no experience with that here as we don’t often get below -1c, but sounds like any help would be good, so if you haven’t tried it already use the recirculate setting on your vents, should at least help a little till you get it looked at. Japan gets cold too so I’m sure the car will be capeable of heating it properly, somethings gone amiss there.

Guvna

Vehicle(s)
MY17 Subaru Levorg 2.0LTR GTS
In winter i realized that cold air gets into the car... my problem is on the door.
When i pull the door handle, i can feel the cold air. I think the air comes in through the handle plastic and it happens on the four doors...
Don’t pull the door handle! lol