TPMS Light Permanently On

J50OBY

Vehicle(s)
Levorg GT 170
Since getting new tyres fitted the Tyre Pressure Light is permanently illuminated - never "blinks".
Warning message is "Low Tyre Pressure" "Consult Owners Manual".

All tyres are at the correct pressure and the TPMS mode settings still can be operated.

Any suggestions? Manual says that main dealer can perform a system reset. Any way I can do this myself?

nicodache

Did you put new tires on the same rims that were on the car before ? then the TPMS sensors may have been damaged, or replaced.
If you changed rims (or valves, to which factory TPMS sensor attach IIRC), then a subaru dealer is the way to go.

Note that my subaru dealer also sells aftermarket clonable TPMS valves, so my winter set is subaru OE TPMS valves, and summer set is aftermarket cloned. I can now swap summer & winter without needing subaru to reprogram the car TPMS receiver for the new TPMS valve IDs.

(yeah, damn subaru only providing 4 TPMS ID slots in the receiver...)

J50OBY

Vehicle(s)
Levorg GT 170
Yes, fitted to same rims and same individual rim. Tyre fitters assure me that they are well used to dealing with TPMS systems and did nothing that would damage the valves or sensors.

clive_p

Vehicle(s)
Levorg
Does anyone know whether the Levorg normally has direct or indirect TMPS sensors? This
https://www.bridgestonetire.com/learn/maintenance/tire-pressure-monitoring-system-how-tpms-works/
describes the indirect system as counting wheel revolutions and noticing when one wheel rotates faster, the direct system measures pressures via a sensor attached to the rim somewhere. I haven't seen any sign that there's such a direct sensor on the rims of mine, but maybe they are hard to see.

Robsyuk

Vehicle(s)
LEVORG Sti
Could someone share a link to the sensors I'd need to buy.
I plan on fitting aftermarket wheels and don't want any warnings coming up.

Arkatee

Vehicle(s)
Levorg 1.6 GT, Forester SF, Mazda MX5
Could someone share a link to the sensors I'd need to buy.
I plan on fitting aftermarket wheels and don't want any warnings coming up.
I have aftermarket wheels and just swapped the original sensors over. No issues or warnings.

Robsyuk

Vehicle(s)
LEVORG Sti
I have aftermarket wheels and just swapped the original sensors over. No issues or warnings.
I plan to leave the original in the original wheels as they will become winter wheels

nicodache

get in touch with your local wheel or tire shop and ask them for advice

I could tell you what aftermarket tpms sensors I got, that's not gonna help you much, as you also need someone with the tool to "program" them.

in-wheel TPMS sensors works with radio signal thing, and they identify themselves with a unique ID (if not unique, at least rare).
The goal is that your car knows what TPMS sensors to communicate with, so that you don't get information from the tires of the car next to you at the traffic light...
Because you need TPMS sensors to be programmed with your current wheel TPMS sensor IDs, you need to find someone with the right equipment to read what your current TPMS sensor IDs are, and flash that information into aftermarket TPMS sensor.

Hence my suggestion to get in touch with your wheel/tire shop :)