Warranty Claims - what has gone wrong with your levorg?

Nanginator22

Vehicle(s)
Hey everyone,

I'm happy to report that after 4 months, 20 phone calls (conservative estimate), 4 trips to subaru, and one complaint email my car is getting a new transmission. It's currently getting fitted at Subaru Frankston. I'm really happy with the local dealer successfully negotiating a brand new CVT rather than a reconditioned one.

Hopefully this is the end of major warranty claims and I can get to installing coilovers and a new head unit

Guvna

Vehicle(s)
MY17 Subaru Levorg 2.0LTR GTS
Hey everyone,

I'm happy to report that after 4 months, 20 phone calls (conservative estimate), 4 trips to subaru, and one complaint email my car is getting a new transmission. It's currently getting fitted at Subaru Frankston. I'm really happy with the local dealer successfully negotiating a brand new CVT rather than a reconditioned one.

Hopefully this is the end of major warranty claims and I can get to installing coilovers and a new head unit
Wasuuuuuup! Great news is what!!
Finally!! So happy for you man

Roberton

Vehicle(s)
2017 Levorg GT-S Sti, Previous: 1999 Liberty Heritage Wagon, 1998 Forester
Hey Gunva have had the same problems as you. Rear Bilstein's replaced under Warranty around 40k service and strut being replaced for the second time soon at under 60k. Rattling/knocking was present a few months after car was purchased, went away for a while but kepy coming back at times. Got consistent so replaced last year (or part was), then only a few months later it came back. Couldn't get it to the dealer with timing but now it is constant it is being repaced again.
Why the left not the right????

Guvna

Vehicle(s)
Hey Gunva have had the same problems as you. Rear Bilstein's replaced under Warranty around 40k service and strut being replaced for the second time soon at under 60k. Rattling/knocking was present a few months after car was purchased, went away for a while but kepy coming back at times. Got consistent so replaced last year (or part was), then only a few months later it came back. Couldn't get it to the dealer with timing but now it is constant it is being repaced again.
Why the left not the right????
It's a mystery.. interesting though. My rears never failed, just the front left that once. Top hat mangled too. Most likely due to insufficient shock stroke length when hitting potholes on our shit Aussie roads

Roberton

Vehicle(s)
2017 Levorg GT-S Sti, Previous: 1999 Liberty Heritage Wagon, 1998 Forester
Rears leaked so guess that means failed!

Guvna

Vehicle(s)
2nd Levorg Warranty claim.
The Illumination lights in the switch for the drivers heated seat stopped working. Switch and heated seat worked fine, just the lights for the high and low part of the switch stopped lighting up. Told my dealer, they ordered a new switch and fitted at last service, no charge. It is one switch combining both front seat switches in one unit.
Just a question, can someone tell me if the buttons for the Drivers electric seat position switches have lights in them? I don't remember them ever being lit, but just want to make sure they aren't lit switches that aren't working as well. Cheers

Guvna

Vehicle(s)
You mean the plastic things on the side of the driver seat so they can move seat front/back/up/down ?

Mine (MY2016) aren't lit.
Thanks, no I mean the buttons for memory positions etc, under the starter button and dash dimming dial and traction control switch area

Arkatee

Vehicle(s)
Levorg 1.6 GT, Forester SF, Mazda MX5
We don't get seat memory on Euro spec Levorg. Shame. I could really use it.

Guvna

Vehicle(s)
Thanks Robo, nothing wrong with mine then:cool:
Thanks Arkatee, That’s weird of them to leave that off your models :(

ericma

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg GTS
I own a Levorg GTS 2017 just find out there is a leak on the diff 1 close to the transmission also out of the three years warranty but never miss a service with Subaru is there a chance Subaru fixing it claim warranty from Subaru Australia, wondering if anyone has the same problem with the leak.

Attachments

robo498

Vehicle(s)
My17
That sux, funny how it happens just after the warranty finishes! Like my $3000 headlight that died 2 months out of warranty....

Wolvo

Vehicle(s)
Levorg GT-S
I own a Levorg GTS 2017 just find out there is a leak on the diff 1 close to the transmission also out of the three years warranty but never miss a service with Subaru is there a chance Subaru fixing it claim warranty from Subaru Australia, wondering if anyone has the same problem with the leak.
Hi Ericma
That reminds me last time I was under the car I wiped a bit of oil off the diff casing didn't think much of it at the time was going to and keep an eye on were I park to see if any oil was on my concrete drive will Jack car tomorrow and have a look mines 2016 GTS done 56000km
How did you find out about this was yours Leaking oil were you park

ericma

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg GTS
Hi Ericma
That reminds me last time I was under the car I wiped a bit of oil off the diff casing didn't think much of it at the time was going to and keep an eye on were I park to see if any oil was on my concrete drive will Jack car tomorrow and have a look mines 2016 GTS done 56000km
How did you find out about this was yours Leaking oil were you park
[/QUOTE
The leak wasn't so bad that it leaks to the floor, the other day I got my local guy to change my front break pad he saw the leak & warn me to get it check out he was surprise Subaru didn't pick up the problem in my last service

nicodache

Driver head rest leather cracked - replaced under warranty
inside side of door handle front doors didn't like summer heat and paint bubbled - replaced under warranty, thanks to a understanding dealer (Dany, if you read this, you rock :))
Front right main light assembly wet inside - extended warranty denied replacement (as lightning stuff isn't listed in their finite/definitive list of covered items) :-/
[edit]forgot some bushings (belgian roads...) and left front shock top hat. no warranty on those though - after 4 years those are just wear items...

Last edited:

Guvna

Vehicle(s)
Front right main light assembly wet inside - extended warranty denied replacement (as lightning stuff isn't listed in their finite/definitive list of covered items) :-/
[edit]forgot some bushings (belgian roads...) and left front shock top hat. no warranty on those though - after 4 years those are just wear items...
Really? No warranty on Too hat! That’s harsh man, especially since the front left Too Hat seems to be the one to fail no matter how many km or years pass. You’d think they’d do it for you anyway on those grounds alone, disappointing:(