White smoke from tailpipes

Leva

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg 1,6i GT-S 2016
Hi guys!

Bought my first subaru or my first non german car a week ago. I have been driving only short trips ~15mins and noticing white smoke coming out of the tailpipes.

First I tought it was only condensation because my -08 audi did it too at this time of the year and it was clearly condensation.

Difference is, smoke went away after 10-15mins with audi..

Today I tried to drive longer (30mins) and warm the engine all the way up to oil temp 80-90'C but it kept generating white smoke when I stopped. You could also see the smoke on mirror while pushing pedal on motorway even the engine is hot.

Is this normal for boxer engines (this is 1.6l 73k miles driven). Coolant level is now between min and max while engine is hot and much closer to min when cold. I didn't check the level when i bought it, so I dont know yet is it wasting the coolant. All I can say the smoke isnt smelling sweet. Smoke also isnt thick, its like a steam but white and it wont stop haha.

What would you suggest me to do? Do I call the dealer right away or still wait and watch is it wasting the coolant. New with boxer engines so I dont know is it normal or am I stressing for nothing.

Ps. Subaru dealer changed oil on thursday and they didnt say anything about "milky oil" etc. so I want to believe that missing coolant hasnt gone into oil. Is it even common problem with boxer engines?

Thanks!

Last edited:

lerroy

Vehicle(s)
VMG (A) Levorg
nah not normal

cold start yeah maybe, bit of smoke on cold day, but once shes warm goes away.

speak to dealer and let them know

Leva

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg 1,6i GT-S 2016
nah not normal

cold start yeah maybe, bit of smoke on cold day, but once shes warm goes away.

speak to dealer and let them know
Thanks for answer, will give them a call on monday and make them book a service check for it... The car also have webasto (dont know if it factory fitted or not), but it also might be the reason for coolant loss. We will see..