Wrx front end with wrx fenders

Carre

Vehicle(s)
Levorg sti my20
I’m currently looking at upgrading my levorg sti front end to a wrx sti but don’t know the exact procedure, I’ve heard the front bumper is interchangeable, but heard the fenders need some work but don’t know what’s needed to be done for the fenders to fit

also a part list would be nice if anyone knows what’s exactly needed to finish it (like extra trim pieces)

Tommygtt

Vehicle(s)
Levorg!
I can not help you however i park here, i am interested in this

Guvna

Vehicle(s)
MY17 Subaru Levorg 2.0LTR GTS
View attachment 966Something like this would be ideal
Yeah I was looking at this myself. Expensive to do though. You would need:-
1. Front Bar, plus all required inserts, lights Grilles, upper and lower etc
2. Fenders, plus lower grille panels and garnishes
3. Side Skirts
4. Headlights, with indicators
5. Rewiring harness for indicators
6. Painting of all panels
I've been told that the panels all bolt straight on, but the WRX fenders have a wider base that won't line up with the Levorg side skirts. And if you want the front bar pictured above, you will need to purchase appropriate headlights also, as that model has the indicators in the headlight rather than like the Levorg which has them on the front bar near the driving lights, which then also means you will need to do some re-wiring of the looms to get the indicators up to the headlights.
So, provided you have the dosh, relatively easy to do, roughly about 6k I reckon, unless you can find second hand panels the same colour as your car. But the second hand panels I've come across have been dearer than a new one (WTF?)
Hope this helps

Carre

Vehicle(s)
Levorg sti my20
3. Side Skirts
I've been told that the panels all bolt straight on, but the WRX fenders have a wider base that won't line up with the Levorg side skirts. And if you want the front bar pictured above, you will need to purchase appropriate headlights also, as that model has the indicators in the headlight rather than like the Levorg which has them on the front bar near the driving lights, which then also means you will need to do some re-wiring of the looms to get the indicators up to the headlights.
So, provided you have the dosh, relatively easy to do, roughly about 6k I reckon, unless you can find second hand panels the same colour as your car. But the second hand panels I've come across have been dearer than a new one (WTF?)
Hope this helps
if you are able to could you possibly help me write out a parts list so i can look for all the parts before starting

Tommygtt

Vehicle(s)
Levorg!
3. Side Skirts
Hope this helps
I think it will be easier than you say...
Side skirts are the same in both models.
19E345B1-C109-4C41-8C28-8FFD005FC141.jpeg
And the front bars are the same too... the differences are the plastic parts (grille and bumper)
8F626F60-33A0-4B31-89DB-E9DAA340E709.jpeg63B794CA-70F9-45DF-8227-027FCFB55BB2.jpeg
Same swap with fenders, the wrx will fit on Levorg.
My Lev has side indicators into the headlights and i prefer bezels without indicators, so that no rewiring is needed. Only direct swap.

Carre

Vehicle(s)
Levorg sti my20
if only there was a clearer picture, any chance you can get a better picture so i can grab the part numbers to order?

Guvna

Vehicle(s)
MY17 Subaru Levorg 2.0LTR GTS
I think it will be easier than you say...
Side skirts are the same in both models.
View attachment 970
And the front bars are the same too... the differences are the plastic parts (grille and bumper)
View attachment 971View attachment 972
Same swap with fenders, the wrx will fit on Levorg.
My Lev has side indicators into the headlights and i prefer bezels without indicators, so that no rewiring is needed. Only direct swap.
G’day Tommy, I wasn’t suggesting it was hard, just expensive. All the mounting points for fenders, skirts and bumpers are the same, like your diagrams show. What is different is the profile/styling of the side skirts to fender joins, sure they’ll fit and bolt on ok, but the wider fender line of the wrx and STi won’t line up with the moulding/styling of the Levorg skirts where they meet, which I think would look pox. With the bumpers, again the mounting points are all the same, but the styling is totally different, so the lower grill and other parts aren’t interchangeable. Not sure what model your Levorg is as it’s not listed on your profile, but mine is a MY17, and they have the indicators on the lower front bar near the driving lights, which means headlight change and rewiring is required to swap to a wrx bumper, unless using the same year wrx which has indicators in the same position on the bar. The later model Levorgs moved the front indicator into the headlight housing, in which case lights and rewiring isn’t required. But like I said when I looked into it I was only interested in my model as that’s all that was relevant to me. Plus mine is Lapis blue which I haven’t seen a wrx in that color so I would definitely have to paint everything, if your white for eg, you could probably find parts you don’t need to paint, reducing the cost considerably.

Tommygtt

Vehicle(s)
Levorg!
Hi friend!!
Mine is Lapis blue too, by far, the most fashion colour hahaha
My Levorg is MY18 and indicators are in headlamp.
I agree with you, swap is expensive, however, need less parts... I THINK complete bumper (grilles too) and fenders (complete) are the only parts (only i said hahahah)
I am low on money so that i couldn't be the first that could do the change... coilovers are my next target.

Tommygtt

Vehicle(s)
Levorg!
G’day Tommy, I wasn’t suggesting it was hard, just expensive. All the mounting points for fenders, skirts and bumpers are the same, like your diagrams show. What is different is the profile/styling of the side skirts to fender joins, sure they’ll fit and bolt on ok, but the wider fender line of the wrx and STi won’t line up with the moulding/styling of the Levorg skirts where they meet, which I think would look pox. With the bumpers, again the mounting points are all the same, but the styling is totally different, so the lower grill and other parts aren’t interchangeable. Not sure what model your Levorg is as it’s not listed on your profile, but mine is a MY17, and they have the indicators on the lower front bar near the driving lights, which means headlight change and rewiring is required to swap to a wrx bumper, unless using the same year wrx which has indicators in the same position on the bar. The later model Levorgs moved the front indicator into the headlight housing, in which case lights and rewiring isn’t required. But like I said when I looked into it I was only interested in my model as that’s all that was relevant to me. Plus mine is Lapis blue which I haven’t seen a wrx in that color so I would definitely have to paint everything, if your white for eg, you could probably find parts you don’t need to paint, reducing the cost considerably.
15 wrx bumper on levorg with oem levorg fenders

Attachments

bigjm23

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg MY2016 Nissan Teana
Slightly off topic but this is closest I have seen to an answer. If the Side skirts are the same would the side skirt extension for the WRX STI fit a MY2016 Levorg?

Carre

Vehicle(s)
Levorg sti my20
Slightly off topic but this is closest I have seen to an answer. If the Side skirts are the same would the side skirt extension for the WRX STI fit a MY2016 Levorg?
Ive heard this a few times but never seen the answer

maybe grab some and make sure you can return them if they don’t fit well

bigjm23

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg MY2016 Nissan Teana
This is the struggle you have in the Caribbean. Only place to get parts like this is in Japan or Australia. But the WRX parts can be found easily in the USA.

Vehicle(s)
2017 Levorg GTS
I’m currently looking at upgrading my levorg sti front end to a wrx sti but don’t know the exact procedure, I’ve heard the front bumper is interchangeable, but heard the fenders need some work but don’t know what’s needed to be done for the fenders to fit

also a part list would be nice if anyone knows what’s exactly needed to finish it (like extra trim pieces)
Hey mate, are you still looking to do the conversion to WRX? I have been looking heavily into it recently and have a parts and price list plus websites to source it all and a bunch of videos on how to install it all. (Doesnt look all that hard really). All in all, with conversion rates (buying from US) its about $1250 all up

Carre

Vehicle(s)
Levorg sti my20
Hey mate, are you still looking to do the conversion to WRX? I have been looking heavily into it recently and have a parts and price list plus websites to source it all and a bunch of videos on how to install it all. (Doesnt look all that hard really). All in all, with conversion rates (buying from US) its about $1250 all up
Yeah man just never really found out the right parts

Carre

Vehicle(s)
Levorg sti my20
Any chance you can send me all the links to purchase?

Vehicle(s)
2017 Levorg GTS
Any chance you can send me all the links to purchase?
Hey Bro

So I will be doing a video with the entire parts list and also step by step installation, but I can send you a few links really quick.

For the bumper you can either search around subaru wreckers. STI Heaven in sydney has a heap of stuff. I got really lucky and found one on gumtree for $100, Otherwise you can go to this website

www.boostedperformanceparts.com.au

Front Bumper Bar CONVERSION KIT FROM MY15-17 TO MY18-20 (WRX Sedan/STI only MY18-20)
Subaru Genuine Front Bumper Bar Cover in diagram. Suits - MY18+ Only WRX SEDAN STI SEDANIncludes Bumper, Tow Hook Bumper Cover and 2x Lower Bumper Grille Inserts only . Option of STI Grille without camera as additional, is available. Please note - this is a bare bumper bar cover and will...
www.boostedperformanceparts.com.au

That includes the tow hook covers and vent inserts, so thats handy, but they are only about $30 total to buy seperately.

Then all you need is

Fog light bezels (remember that your front indicators are in your bumper and not in your headlight light like the later WRX so you need to replace them)
www.subispeed.com

SubiSpeed Facelift JDM Style Sequential Turn + DRL Bezel
Add a sleek JDM style to the front of your aggressive 2018-2020 Subaru WRX or STI with the Subispeed Facelift JDM Style Sequential Turn + DRL Bezels!
www.subispeed.com
www.subispeed.com
POST INSTALL NOTE!!
Take extreme care when installing the bezel covers into your bumper. Ensure that the outer flange of the bezel cover is inside the grooves of the bumper. Failure to do so may cause the cover to crack (Like i did). It may be a bit of a tricky process, and I find that if you leave the fog light out it gives you better access to manipulate the plastic.

If you are switching your indicators from incandescent bulbs to LED, then you will need to a new 8 pin LED flasher relay. This will stop your blinkers from "hyper flashing" .The relay is located next to your steering column, under your drivers side dash. Only thing I have noticed is the below one clicks more loudly, and my blinkers no longer flash when I lock and unlock my car.
https://www.blingworkauto.com.au/led-indicator-turn-signal-8-pin-flasher-relay-8198

Grille

Emblem (if you dont want to reuse your current one)
www.subispeed.com

GCS Front and Rear Gloss Black Frame Emblem Kit
Give your WRX or STI a subtle visual upgrade with the GCS Gloss Black Emblem kit from SubiSpeed! Multiple color options available!
www.subispeed.com
www.subispeed.com

You could probably hunt around and find everything cheaper separately, but I got everything from one place because it was easier. Plus they shipped it so quick I think I received everything within a week (In Melbourne)

You can transfer your headlight washers and also fog lights from your levorg.

As I said dude, I am just waiting for my bar to come back from the paint shop, then I will make a full video on it all.

Hope this helps

Last edited:
Vehicle(s)
2017 Levorg GTS
Well guys! It took some blood sweet and tears, but I did the swap! I think it came out looking great. There were a few unexpected hick ups that came along the way, but I will update the above post with it all.
Now I'm just waiting for the new wheels to arrive.

Attachments