19 inch rims

Discussion in 'Subaru Levorg Modifcations' started by Ghost_HTX, Dec 29, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Ghost_HTX

Ghost_HTX New Member

Likes Earned:
    Hey guys! Here is a quick one; I really want a set of new rims to replace the stock 18s that my Levorg came with. Does anyone have any experience with 19s?

When I asked anout the STI wheel upgrade pack the guy at Subaru (Birger N Haug at Rud, for the Norwegians) he said that there were 19in STI rims available, but after looking around I can only find the 18s.

Also, and this is mainly for Stumpvold, wil I need Statens Vegvesen approval for 19s, since the Levorg cones with 17 or 18 inch rims?

2. Stumpvold

Stumpvold Active Member

Likes Earned:
    IMG_20180725_081338_244.jpg
    This is 19 x 9,5
    IMG_20180919_105434_182.jpg
    Tire dimension is 235/35.
    I prefer 18" over 19" because of the harsh ride the low profile tires gives you.

I think 19" is okay, if tirespec, width, and offset is within legal limits.
    Also looks like most suppliers in Norway sells 17"-19" wheels for the Levorg, so thethey should be legal.

Grovel likes this.
  3. Ghost_HTX

Ghost_HTX New Member

Likes Earned:
    Thanks! Based on this excellent info and my (somewhat limited) finances, Im going for 18s. That way I can just swap my existing tyres over, and I can afford slightly better, lighter wheels.

I have no real issue with a firm ride, I actually like the go-kart like feeling, but my Levorg is our primary family car, so anything that affects the comfort of Mrs Ghost and the two Ghost kids is out.

Im thinking something with matte black spokes, polished rims and a chrome delete on the window surrounds, the grill, the boot lid and the fog light bezels (the 3m satin black vinyl wrap is ordered) and body coloured door mirrors should be a good start?

4. Stumpvold

Stumpvold Active Member

Likes Earned:
    With unlimited funds I would most likely get another set of wheels, in 18" and not as wide as the current ones, but I do have a new project, and the mrs would most likely kill me if I got another set (would be third set in three years), would also get KW v1 most likely, but I think one gokart is enough.

Sounds good. Still need to do the window surrounds on mine, rest is painted black metallic, besides the grill.

5. laurence

laurence New Member

Likes Earned:
    You have to tell us about these wheels...do the front wheels turn? and is there much rubbing on front and rear.
    What is the offset? It looks choice, but would like to know more please.

6. Stumpvold

Stumpvold Active Member

Likes Earned:
    It certainly does not turn, not without pushing the fenders out anyway.
    The car is on air suspension, or was, so the pictures wasnt in driving mode, but i could drive it pretty low without causing any damage. Btw, thats just the fronts I couldn't drive in aired out mode, rears are no problem besides massive tire wear in aired out mode.
    The offset of the wheels are et43, could probably go down a mm or two in the rear, since they camber in alot.
    With 235/35 tires there was no rubbing in driving mode (guessing it is 45ish mm lower than stock in driving mode), and the same with my other set of wheels in 18x9,5 et45 with 255/35 tires.
    Hope this helps;)

7. Jylong101

Jylong101 New Member

Likes Earned:
    Hello will 19x9.5 +45 with 255/35/19 have any issues with rubbing or fender?