And "Hi" from North Yorkshire.

lohr500

Vehicle(s)
MY20 2.0 Levorg
I'll be collecting my 2020 Lapis Blue Pearl 2.0 GT Levorg later this week from my local Subaru dealer in Kelbrook .

Long story, but after a disastrous 2 year spell with a 2.2 diesel Wrangler Rubicon (spent over 12 weeks in various incompetent Jeep dealerships with recurring faults) and an un-inspiring 3 months with a Mitsubishi phev Outlander, I have purchased the Levorg.

A Levorg wasn't even on my radar until late on in the selection process. I was focussing on either going all electric, or reverting to my Land Rover origins and picking up a high mileage full fat supercharged petrol Range Rover. Both options were a challenge. Finding a reasonably spacious all electric vehicle with a decent range, sub £30k price and some towing capability seems all but impossible. Buying an old Range Rover would no doubt have resulted in many hours spent with a socket set, multi meter and bruised knuckles.:) We live up a steep farm track in North Yorkshire, so 4wd is a real bonus in the winter.

Stumbled across the Levorg whilst briefly checking the Subaru website to see what the latest range looked like and was amazed at the Levorg's value for money.
The quirkiness and general lack of complementary reviews from the motoring press also intrigued me!!
We have some history with Subaru as my wife ran an Impreza estate years ago and it was by far the most reliable vehicle we have ever owned.

The dealer in Kelbrook had a new Levorg in the showroom and also an ex Subaru Management Levorg on the forecourt.

I took the used one for a test drive and immediately knew it was the right car for me.
Unbelievable value for the money. So much kit, really well screwed together and good handling.
For sure she's not the fastest accelerating thing on the planet, but once she picked her skirts up, she was very well planted on the twisty roads and comfortable at motorway speeds.
I found the "wow" factor that was missing with the Outlander. On returning from the test drive, I did a deal there and then with the dealership as I knew my search was over. As a bonus I then discovered that as a 2020 registered Subaru, it has the 5 year warranty which is good news.

Really looking forward to collecting the car and getting to know it better. The fact that it isn't mainstream really appeals as well.

nicodache

Thanks for that excellent intro (I wish all my work email were as positive and nice to read), and welcome here (waving from across the pond)

lohr500

Vehicle(s)
MY20 2.0 Levorg
Thanks to both of you for the warm welcome. The closest I have been to Mons is Brussels, but I did visit Melbourne many years ago en-route to Tasmania.
I'm sure I will love the car as it just felt right from the moment I drove it.
To be honest though, the way used car prices are rising at the moment in the UK if it turns out to be a short lived romance then I think I will be able to sell it without a significant loss. I just sold the Outlander for 6% more than I paid for it three months ago. I only lost 5% on the Jeep after two years when I bought the Outlander! The used car pricing bubble must surely bust at some point once the lead times for new cars improves as the chip related supply chain issues get sorted. But I think that will be a few months away. Many car dealers in the UK are now quoting a 20 week lead time for factory build vehicles across multiple brands.

TallMountain

Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Levorg 2.0 STI
Well done, I also am enjoying the 5 year warranty plus the 5 year/125,000km Capped Price Servicing, a car that puts a smile on my face every time I drive it and I love the shape everytime I look at it. all the very best for your adventures ahead

Guvna

Vehicle(s)
MY17 Subaru Levorg 2.0LTR GTS
Welcome, awesome intro too. I'm sure you'll love the Levorg, I still perve on her lines and smile behind the wheel after 4 years ;)

lohr500

Vehicle(s)
MY20 2.0 Levorg
Picked the car up today and decided to take a 30 mile detour home just to get a good feel for it Very impressed. I've spent an hour fitting my front and rear dash cams and transferring all my junk from the old car. Still to do : towbar and electrics and possibly some all season Goodyear Vector tyres in readiness for winter.

mouldyoldtoastbag

Vehicle(s)
2017 Levorg
Welcome. I had a set of Goodyear Vector 4 gen 3's fitted on mine back in March. Much quieter than the Dunlops that were fitted from the factory and great in the wet.
Definitely recommended.

Andyk

Vehicle(s)
Levorg GT 2.0 - Renault Wind
Picked the car up today and decided to take a 30 mile detour home just to get a good feel for it Very impressed. I've spent an hour fitting my front and rear dash cams and transferring all my junk from the old car. Still to do : towbar and electrics and possibly some all season Goodyear Vector tyres in readiness for winter.
Welcome to the site and I know you will love driving the Levorg. FYI, I fitted my own tow bar and also fitted a full size spare. Both pretty easy to do if your hands on. I had Michelin Cross Climate on my last 2 cars and found them very good all year round. I will probably look at doing the same on my Levorg but will have to wear the old ones a bit more first to justify it.

Andy

lohr500

Vehicle(s)
MY20 2.0 Levorg
Hi Andy, it was a close call on the Cross Climates or the Vectors. I went Goodyear in the end because the reviews all seemed to favour the Vectors on snow which is my primary requirement. Plus 20% off with Tyres on the Drive if ordered before the end of October. (Used a Jaguar Owners Club discount code I found on the web). Worked out at £456 including fitting. I might put the take off tyres on eBay as they have plenty of life left in them.
I've fitted the past two towbars and electrics myself, so will do the same on the Levorg. Always find the most stressful part is removing the rear bumper assemblies! The electrical side doesn't worry me. I will go 13 pin though as although I don't need the extra pins for caravan charging, etc, I do prefer the 13 pin connector over the 7 pin ones.

Andyk

Vehicle(s)
The Levorg wiring was the easiest tow bar wiring I have done in a while. No need to go for an expensive dedicated kit, a simple relay towing wiring kit works fine. There is a multi pin plug hanging loose behind the left hand trim panel in the boot near the L.H rear light that has all the connections you need for the lights. (I presume the dedicated kit just plugs in to this if you get one) I couldn't find the right plug to fit so just spliced into the supply wires to the plug. I'm very pleased with the Witter detachable tow bar as it is totally hidden when not in use.

JMClavorg

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Lavorg GT , Subaru Impreza WRX STI PPP
Apologies for the late reply lol
Welcome and congrats on the new car

lohr500

Vehicle(s)
MY20 2.0 Levorg
If anyone is reading this discussion and is thinking about getting the Goodyear Vector 4 gen 3 all season tyres fitted, THEN DO IT !!!

We had a reasonable dumping of snow a couple of weeks back, falling onto untreated roads in my neck of the woods. The Levorg coped superbly.
The track to our house is up a 17% gradient and was covered with around 30mm of snow. The car drove up the track without any drama or wheelspin.

The main road into the village is probably also a 17% downhill gradient, covered in snow with some frozen patches underneath. Even with no hill descent control option, the Levorg coped with no drama locked in 1 on the CVT paddle control.

Despite some deliberate provoking, I couldn't get the car to misbehave ;)

I realise we aren't talking serious alpine or Nordic conditions, but nevertheless I can't fault the combination of Subaru's 4X4 implementation and the Goodyear tyres.

Andyk

Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the update. Being a Scotsman I will try and wait and run a few more mm off my current summer tyres before I change them. Then I will go for all season tyres. I had Michelin Cross Climate on my last 2 cars and it made a great difference in the winter, even without four wheel drive. Luckily in Lincolnshire we don't have many hills and generally get very little snow.

Andy