Brembo swap

mvpluidex

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg 1.6 GT
So, a few days ago I did a Brembo swap (front only), with a used set off a N14 STi, and thought I can share a few pointers that can help those exploring the same swap. Previous setup was DBA Street Series rotors and Hawk pads.

1728459623764.png 1728459650568.png

1. You will need new caliper support bolts as the old ones are too short, make sure you get them beforehand prior to doing the installation. If the set comes with these bolts then you're all good.
1728459801334.png

2. Reserve at least one bottle (500ml) of brake fluid, as the new calipers will need to be filled and bled. And since you're bleeding the brakes, now would also be a good time to swap to steel brake lines to add a nice touch to the braking system as well.

3. Brembo calipers won't fit on stock rotors/discs (too small), make sure you also get a set of either new Brembo discs or used ones that have good thickness.

4. Make sure your wheels will clear Brembos. Most stock wheels won't unless you use 20mm spacers or something similar, so have new wheels or quality spacers on hand prior to making the swap. Same situation with spare wheels.

Regarding performance, you won't necessarily get a lot more outright braking performance, however the brake FEEL will improve massively, these Brembos bite almost as soon as you start to depress the pedal, and are much more confidence-inspiring. Also I would expect better heat capacity during sprited driving.

1728460276186.png

Now, concerning the rear discs/caliper swap, those with Eyesight will know we run electronic parking brakes with a motorized system. Would be happy to hear from anyone who has managed to swap this system out for a manual e-brake, or if there is any other workaround for this.

Happy upgrading!