Cold Air intake or not ?

lerroy

Vehicle(s)
White 2014 2.0 GTS
Hi all

I got a bit excited and purchased a Cold air intake second hand.

I actually don't have a levorg yet hahah. But actively looking likely will be a Jap spec 2014-15 GTS

Now quick search on these forums seems to show that the intake isn't a good idea unless it goes along with a ECU tune, which i likely wont be getting for some time if at all.
I realise it likely wont give me much gains but might give me a good sound, am i being crazy or should i just sell on ?

Thanks all..

Last edited:

Guvna

Vehicle(s)
MY17 Subaru Levorg 2.0LTR GTS
ECU tune is a must with CAI, not an option. So if you never plan on getting a tune, sell it. As to sounds, yes, heaps of cool sounds, but comes at the cost of WAY less filtration. As to power gains, very little on a stock Levorg, only needed when going over 400HP and then with other parts needed as well, exhaust, up pipe etc

lerroy

Vehicle(s)
White 2014 2.0 GTS
Thanks, thought as much I was to eager and didn't research before purchase.

thanks for confirmation

Guvna

Vehicle(s)
MY17 Subaru Levorg 2.0LTR GTS
Yeah I get that, I wanted those sounds so much I didn't care that it wasn't needed or that it would make very negligible difference to the power, I was already paying for the ecu tune and was happy to pay for the cai just for the sounds it releases, but researching the severe lack of filtration compared to the oem filters made not getting one a no brainer to me.