Considering a Levorg

Magenb

Vehicle(s)
Mx5
I'm considering dropping my 2 seater for something more family friendly, so just got a few question?

Is there any real difference between the year models from 2016-2018? It looks like Android Auto was only done from the 2019 version on, so did Subaru ever do something for older models like Mazda did? If not is there a thread somewhere going over which head units and what functions might be lost?

Common issues I see on this forum are the shocks knocking, a couple of diff leaks, strange noises with the cvt, issue with the leather on the steering wheel and drivers seat from heat. Anything else to look out for? Did they get hit with the giant air bag recall?

Given I'm looking at 2nd hand car, so the shocks would get replaced at some point, is there really any great value going a GTS over a GT? Only difference I can find is leather, seats, shocks and sunroof.

Never had a car with a sunroof, I've had a convertible, but Australian heat + Sydney traffic just means you end up being baked to a crisp ;) So does anyone actually use it or is it just something that might leak in the future?

I see the odd Levorg with over 100,000 km on the clock, any idea on how long the turbo lasts and are there any other big $$ items that pop up?

I've watched a bunch of video reviews and you can't hear the turbo, so guessing there is an aftermarket intake will let it sing? Are there any kits that keep the stock look?

Looks like the cvt cant handle too much more grunt and have to keep it under 400nm (2ltr), besides what you can see on the dyno has any one worked out how much quicker this makes it over stock?

My cars have all been fairly straight forward RWD cars that I have maintained myself (long history of service centres doing shitty jobs), is there any extra work that needs to be done? more frequent tyre rotation? Any prefered oils or just stuff to avoid?

nicodache

If not is there a thread somewhere going over which head units and what functions might be lost?
There are a couple threads where people discuss this. Some people have retrofitted pionneer or kenwood 2DIN HU, and I went the Idoing route.
Common issues I see on this forum are the shocks knocking, a couple of diff leaks, strange noises with the cvt, issue with the leather on the steering wheel and drivers seat from heat. Anything else to look out for? Did they get hit with the giant air bag recall?
No giant airbag recall, but some recall for starting issues IIRC.
So does anyone actually use it or is it just something that might leak in the future?
I use it to help keep the heat out in summer, in tilt mode in case some stupid bird decides to unload...
I don't believe leaks are a risk - this is a factory unit, not a retrofit, and I recall seeing (but don't quote me on this) some drains for the gutter under/around the glass.
I see the odd Levorg with over 100,000 km on the clock, any idea on how long the turbo lasts and are there any other big $$ items that pop up?
No idea. Mine is 126k, turbo still whistling fine. You can see the turbo at the front bottom of the engine if you pay attention, so while turbo may set your bank account back somewhat, labour shouldn't be crazy stupid.
My cars have all been fairly straight forward RWD cars that I have maintained myself (long history of service centres doing shitty jobs), is there any extra work that needs to be done? more frequent tyre rotation? Any prefered oils or just stuff to avoid?
Factory quoted oil is 0w20. Because it's super thin, you wanna do regular oil checks. I got an android app (my cars) where I have configured alerts/reminders for oil checks every 5k, and maintenance every 15k. helps keeping on top of things.

Sorry for not being able to help further - Belgium is a shit country when it comes down to mods you can do to your car.
AFAIK a single coilover model is allowed for levorgs in belgium (the one that has TüV), it needs to be put on the car by a mechanic shop, and *they* need to request the car suspension change approval with the local authorities with pictures, which isn't free, and may get denied in the end.
Exhaust is a bit easier to change, but you usually want to do that with a tune, and only the 1.6 is available in here, which you can only tune from 170 to ~200hp before the gearbox sends its internal to the moon.
Which explains why I know almost nothing about mods.

Also, welcome :)