CVT Flush or Drain & Fill on TR690

data_bloke

Vehicle(s)
2016 Levorg GT-S
Hello, I am wanting to change my CVT fluids as a preventive maintenance routine and was wondering if anyone in NZ has done the flush or drain and fill before and if so do you happen to know the volume required? I'm getting conflicting information online vs the dealership. The dealership no longer sells the HT fluid vs normal fluid and it's just one fluid now. This being the case, does doing a drain and fill mean mixing the old and new fluid, since the drain and fill takes only 6L vs the flush taking 13L?? Very confused, just don't want to do anything stupid. Any help is appreciated. TA.

data_bloke

Vehicle(s)
2016 Levorg GT-S
Thank you for this. But this doesn't talk about mixing of the HT fluid that is currently in the CVT from the factory and the new common fluid from Subaru? Or should we do a flush to get all of the old fluid out before we use the newer version of the CVT fluid?

Robsyuk

Vehicle(s)
LEVORG Sti
When I come to do mine, I plan to use 4 times the amount that comes out. So I would try to flush the old.
Run for a short while, drain, refill, drive for a while, drain and refill.

Chances are that as both are designed to work with a cvt they wouldn't curdle but work with each other. Kind of like oil's. Some protect better than others, but some oil is better than no oil.

To get every last drip of the original fluid out, you'd have to drop the box and remove the filter.