Does dealer service history matter?

NeilC

Vehicle(s)
2019 Levorg 2.0
Our Levorg is coming up 5 years old. We are still very happy with it and so far have maintained a dealer service history. We tend to run our cars for a long time (Forester 206k miles, Outback 170k miles) and as we have no plans to change the Levorg I'm wondering if it's worth maintaining a dealer service history when I can look after it myself.

The only thing that comes to mind is if I have CVT problems in future and it's not been to the dealer every 12 months, but I don't know if that would make any difference anyway. I was thinking I could have it MOT'd at the dealer so they at least see it every year.

Any thoughts?

robo498

Vehicle(s)
My17
Subaru says the fluid is lifetime in the CVT, NOT SURE IF THAT IS YOUR LIFETIME THE CARS LIFETIME OR THE CVT'S LIFETIME...! I service mine and just fill in the book with what I changed and updated and keep the receipts and write the date and kms on them for when it was done.

Robsyuk

Vehicle(s)
LEVORG Sti
My wife has had her car from new and to help with selling it on at a later date, we have always gone to the dealer with it.
Yes you pay a premium for their stamp, but I think it's worth it.
With my cat I try to use the same garage for all works and serving.