Door speakers and smart rear view mirror

TMsubaru

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg
Hi. On my Subaru Levorg 2.0 ,2019 only speakers on dashboard are working. All other speakers in the doors are not working.
Also smart rear view mirror is not working.

Attachments

Last edited:

nicodache

Had someone on here or on FB (don't recall) with the same issue. Tried replacing head unit, turned out to unfortunately be all 4 speakers (1/door) dead...

nicodache

Reached out to that person on FB; they had replaced the OE speaker by MTX ones. they also died a few months later.

They suspect the head unit is driving them badly. I'd recommend you tried a set of speakers (remove door cards, plug new speakers to confirm diagnose). If that's the case, you may want to replace the dead speakers, and replace the head unit to avoid your new speakers to blow up in a few months as well :-/

Last edited:

Sbrlx

Vehicle(s)
Levorg 1.6 GT, XV 2.0
If you have a voltmeter, check that there's no DC offset being applied to the speakers by the head unit. That can be a good way to kill speakers. IF there is, either a new head unit is needed, or the head unit needs repaired.

TMsubaru

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg
Thank you very much for your quick response. I didn't mention that the rearview smart camera also is not working. That's why I thought that it was some kind of electrical problem.

TMsubaru

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg
Look like I am the only owner of Levorg who has problem with rearview smart camera.

nicodache

what do you mean by "not working" ?

when you put in reverse, the head unit isn't showing camera ? it's showing a black image ? it's showing a picture, not a video stream ? the image is reversed ?

Last edited:

robo498

Vehicle(s)
My17
Sorry. Im talking about inner rearview mirror.when you pull middle button the camera should be activated but in my car shows no video.
Correct, when you flip the leaver the rear camera in the back window should show in the mirror. This was only on the 2017 and later versions in Australia. Stupid question but you did check the back window has a camera?

TMsubaru

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg
Yes , there is camera but from some reason is not working.

TMsubaru

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg
Reached out to that person on FB; they had replaced the OE speaker by MTX ones. they also died a few months later.

They suspect the head unit is driving them badly. I'd recommend you tried a set of speakers (remove door cards, plug new speakers to confirm diagnose). If that's the case, you may want to replace the dead speakers, and replace the head unit to avoid your new speakers to blow up in a few months as well :-/
Thanks man you were right. All 4 speakers were dead.
Now I need only to repair smart rear view mirror.
P.S. Should open a new thread for this?

nicodache

With the content already in this thread, I think you should keep it in here. just edid your first post to change the topic (so you include the rear view cam next to the door speakers).

About the speakers, did you do the check recommended by Sbrlx ? Checking for DC voltage from the head unit (when HU off, or in mute) ?

TMsubaru

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg
With the content already in this thread, I think you should keep it in here. just edid your first post to change the topic (so you include the rear view cam next to the door speakers).

About the speakers, did you do the check recommended by Sbrlx ? Checking for DC voltage from the head unit (when HU off, or in mute) ?
I just bought new speakers, installed them and everything works great.