Engine cover

Nanginator22

Vehicle(s)
Hi gang,

I noticed my engine cover had broken a clip so I removed the cover completely. Read that it’s common and you can purchase Perrin screws to reinstall it but it’s about $120

Question, is it necessary to have the engine cover on? Has anyone had any issues after removing it etc? Anything I need to know?

cheers

Guvna

Vehicle(s)
MY17 Subaru Levorg 2.0LTR GTS
G'day Nang,
I believe the engine cover is really just dress up for the engine bay (it's part description is actually 'Beauty Cover'), they stay off when a VTMIC is installed, haven't heard of any issues. if it was a problem you would think they would replace it with one that fits with the VTMIC. The cover could possibly help keep engine bay cleaner by way of the rubber seal that mates up to it, and direct air over the intercooler better than without it, but many people run without the cover with no probs.

Nanginator22

Vehicle(s)
G'day Nang,
I believe the engine cover is really just dress up for the engine bay (it's part description is actually 'Beauty Cover'), they stay off when a VTMIC is installed, haven't heard of any issues. if it was a problem you would think they would replace it with one that fits with the VTMIC. The cover could possibly help keep engine bay cleaner by way of the rubber seal that mates up to it, and direct air over the intercooler better than without it, but many people run without the cover with no probs.
Thanks Guvna! I thought it might be just dress up. Thought about getting something after market but I can leave it now.
cheers