Factory headunit swap from 2020 WRX STI VA

levorgt

Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru Levorg GT 1.6L
Hi guys,

Recently picked up a factory headunit from a 2020 WRX STI VA - comes with the android auto & apple carplay. I've got a MY2018 Levorg 1.6GT with the factory navigation headunit. The new headunit came with an amp also but I did not install this as I did not know amp location for levorg or if it even had one.

It was all pretty straight forward to remove my original headunit and plugged in all the connectors for the new headunit and it turned on! Most features working perfect such as radio, maps, bluetooth etc.

Couple issues - steering wheel controls for volume, speech recognition, source are all mixed up with other functions. Another big issue is volume control on steering wheel and the knob on the unit is not working. I can turn knob down all the way to 0 whilst radio is blaring away. The mute button when pushing volume knob works thanfully.

Guessing i am going to need to figure out the wiring as it is not corresponding with original levorg connectors. Would really appreciate some help here as it is a bit of a shit show. If you have headunit wiring diagrams for both my levorg and WRX unit please let me know :)

Attachments

levorgt

Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru Levorg GT 1.6L
2022 subaru xv has the same head unit.... looks like you have a harman Kardon amp.
Yes it is the harman kardon. Never hooked it up and it does not seem to be required. Do you mean same head unit as the new wrx sti head unit i installed?

JadFoz

Vehicle(s)
MY16 Forester XT Premium
Yes it is the harman kardon. Never hooked it up and it does not seem to be required. Do you mean same head unit as the new wrx sti head unit i installed?
Did you sort out these issues mate? I've been looking into putting the same unit into my MY16 Forester with Harmon Kardon, and no one I talk to can give me a straight answer if it's possible or even works! Keen to chat!

robo498

Vehicle(s)
My17
Don't know if the wrx has the same unit, bet it does! As I said my wife has a 2022 xv and it has the same unit. My 2017 levorg looks almost the same but different software, and was so crap I removed it and put in an idoing head unit which is awesome!