G'day from down under

sjm69

Hello from Australia currently ride is a gen 4 liberty/legacy previous ride gen 3 , current model gen 5 does not tick any boxes for me so I can only hope and pray that the levorg comes down under

Attachments

chanomatik

If you've received the Legacy wagon previously and the Levorg replaces the Legacy wagon, doesn't that mean you'll most likely get the Levorg?

sjm69

seems that I'm the only Australian on this forum atm hopefully you guys don't mind.
like you guys I and a lot of others are hoping and praying that the Levorg comes to Australia
The Liberty or Legacy what the rest of the world call it has become very mainstream now
The Levorg is the size and unique look that the gen 4 wagon was ,something that Subaru has been missing from its range
for a long time
so all I can say is please bring it down under as well

LordRichards

Not the only Oztralian any more!
I have a 2007 Liberty/Legacy wagon which I would have turned over after the 5 year lease period but the current Liberty/Legacy is so ugly/clumsy/cheap/dumb/fat that I just couldn't get one. Previous car was a 2002 Liberty wagon.
I've been hanging out for the next model Liberty to get myself a GT wagon and am mighty pissed off that it looks like there will be no such thing.
The Levorg looks good; sporty and, for a Subaru, not too ugly. Could be a bit small being based on a Impreza chassis; I've got two big boys and a surfboard I like to stick inside the car.
Hoping we'll be able to order it with a six speed manual. Don't like autos.

Trippo

Ditto that, another Aussie subbie fan hoping like anything the Levorg comes down under to replace my 03 Heritage Gen 3 wagon, just got to get it to last another 6-12 months. It looks like the perfect replacement to me, wheelbase almost identical to my current Gen 3, whilst i really like the performance of my dads 09 GT, it is just too big for my requirements. Medium cars are the size of large cars from 10 years ago... I reckon Levorg would get a great following, and with Liberty no longer going to be available in wagon format, they would be crazy not to bring it down here. Unfortunately it may be that it if is a sales smash in Japan we could be waiting a long time for production numbers to make it a possibility, heard uk was getting it though which is surprising given they haven't even brought wrx in for a while?

LordRichards

The wheelbase is only a little less than Gen 4, 2650mm vs 2670mm so hopefully the interior space is about the same.

Can only hope that Subaru production capacity has recovered after the tsunami and Fukushima.

Trippo

http://carnews.beforward.jp saying 13000 orders currently taken in the japanese domestic market, but orders now not arriving until September? Heard something a while back saying it was a delay due to eyesight upgrade or use in other models, personally I would be happy to go without that if it meant getting it earlier. Anyone on here actually got behind the wheel yet, all the drive reviews I have seen so far in Japanese. Love to hear some reviews, and how similar the 2.0L is in drive to the new Rex.

LordRichards

Thanks for the link, Trippo.
Sept in Japan, isn't looking good for early adoption in Oz.
The CVT still doesn't sound very enticing...
C'mon Subaru, don't disappoint me again!

Trippo

I hear you, Manual would be great but it has to get the tick of approval from my better half if it is going to be parked in my driveway and she is auto only. As a daily drive I think I could live with cvt the reviews of it on the new Rex have actually been ok, if you want to have some fun use the paddles and otherwise let it do it's thing. For me it is a compromise I reckon I can live with, after all it is either the cvt, or get a soft reader, or back to a fwd which I would rather not.

sjm69

Sadly my wife is not a manual driver so the CVT works for me , drove a Subaru with cvt a few days ago , I don't mind it and from what I read the levorg will only be coming in CVT