JDM head unit - Bluetooth audio Possible ?

lerroy

Vehicle(s)
White 2014 2.0 GTS
Hi all

just picked up the my new levorg and need some tunes for the long drive home.

Its a 2014 JDM stock Panasonic CN-LR700D head unit, I was able to pair my phone via bluetooth with some help from google translate.

Cant find a way to play bluetooth audio though ? is it possible

My phone does only say connected for calls not calls and audio.

Thanks

Last edited:

lerroy

Vehicle(s)
White 2014 2.0 GTS
So I can't find Bluetooth audio anywhere on this unit have given up.

Tried a USB stick and phone via what I thought was USB for head unit below, turns out that's just power. Can't see any other USB in glove box etc.

Am currently using a USB C to aux jack plugged into 3.5mm in the centre console, only left speaker working though and screen flickers when audio is playing haha

Fun times

Now to order idoing unit.

lerroy

Vehicle(s)
White 2014 2.0 GTS
The Bluetooth works on mine
Do you have the Panasonic 700D unit ?

how do you get to bluetooth audio ?

When I click audio button on left side I'm just given IPOD/USB - Radio - DVD - HDMI
I have seen videos online and Bluetooth is accessable when in SAT/NAV via the laucher, when i click the laucher im just given the phone option to make calls

Does your phone say connected calls and audio ?

Robsyuk

Vehicle(s)
LEVORG Sti
My phone connects and plays music no issue. Calls I can hear the person talking but they can't hear me. My steering wheel controls don't work either, so there could be a fault.

On my Stereo I just press the Bluetooth option and my phone asks me to allow the connection.

Attachments

lerroy

Vehicle(s)
White 2014 2.0 GTS
My phone connects and plays music no issue. Calls I can hear the person talking but they can't hear me. My steering wheel controls don't work either, so there could be a fault.

On my Stereo I just press the Bluetooth option and my phone asks me to allow the connection.
Hi Rob

My stereo is allot different to yours, climate controls and top screen as well.

crazy how much different various markets and years was changed

levorg-1000.jpg

levorg-1001.jpg

levorg-1002.jpg

levorg-1003.jpg

luke_84

Vehicle(s)
Levorg
Hi all

just picked up the my new levorg and need some tunes for the long drive home.

Its a 2014 JDM stock Panasonic CN-LR700D head unit, I was able to pair my phone via bluetooth with some help from google translate.

Cant find a way to play bluetooth audio though ? is it possible

My phone does only say connected for calls not calls and audio.

Thanks
I have the same unit as yours and I also think the bluetooth is not for audio unfortunately.

Trauts

I had the same unit in my 2014 JDM Levorg and there was a USB port in the center console that would let you play music

lerroy

Vehicle(s)
White 2014 2.0 GTS
I had the same unit in my 2014 JDM Levorg and there was a USB port in the center console that would let you play music
mines has two USB underneath the head unit near cigarette lighter outlet, but they are just power
the centre console has a 3.5mm jack no USB unfortunately.

All good, I was planning a new head unit anyway have ordered the newer climate controls in preparation for a idoing head unit.

Last edited:

Supafly_NZ

Vehicle(s)
2014 FA20 Levorg, 2008 600HP 6MT Impreza STi
I encountered the same issue as I was frantically trying to get some audio on the trip home from purchasing my levorg.
I have a similar model headunit (LR710D, not LR700D). Turns out there are two pairing modes, at least for mine there were.

When you go to pair your phone in the bluetooth audio menu, there are two options. The one that you have used is for bluetooth audio only.
You'll need to go in and delete the pairing on the device, then select the second option in the pairing menu.
Google Translate (the app) on mobile has a handy real-time translate feature which is great for navigating the stock headunit menus.

Let me know if you get stuck and I will go back to mine and do a step by step.

lerroy

Vehicle(s)
White 2014 2.0 GTS
Hey mate

I tried all of this with no luck I used google translate but couldn't get it to work :(

I ended up using speaker on my phone on way home to listen to podcasts haha :)

I have since ripped the stock headunit out and install and Idoing android head unit which is highly recommended.

mkamau

Vehicle(s)
subaru levorg 2016
i have a similar one and both bluetooth audio and calls works okay , had help from the dealer though

lerroy

Vehicle(s)
White 2014 2.0 GTS
Yeah there are allot of different models

That particular model I had i couldn't get to support Bluetooth audio I found a Japanese manual and translated followed steps but no go :(

Last edited:

jarocki

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg VMG GT-S
Bit late now but is this video any use? Also a link with steps, translate from Russian.

data_bloke

Vehicle(s)
2016 Levorg GT-S
I had a similar Panasonic head unit but got it replaced with a Kenwood. Using google translate everytime to decipher was a pain and also we wanted carplay.

philmc

Vehicle(s)
2014 levorg 2.o gts 2016 ranger wildtrak 2022 royal enfield gr
I had a similar Panasonic head unit but got it replaced with a Kenwood. Using google translate everytime to decipher was a pain and also we wanted carplay.

Carbon

Vehicle(s)
2016 Levorg 2.0 GT-S
Hey mate

I tried all of this with no luck I used google translate but couldn't get it to work :(

I ended up using speaker on my phone on way home to listen to podcasts haha :)

I have since ripped the stock headunit out and install and Idoing android head unit which is highly recommended.
Hi, which idoing unit did you use? I have the same ac controls as you and was lead to believe the idoing surround only works with the 3 knob type? Also did all the other features work and plugin ok? Cheers