JDM Levorg STI OEM to OEM Headunit swap

Spunkmeyer

Vehicle(s)
Levorg STI
Hiya, I’ve been commenting on threads from my search results but mostly aimed at fitting an idoing unit. However, is there a whole OEM headunit and HVAC pairing that swaps straight into my Levorg STI plug n play that’s from a UK car? STI/WRX/Forester etc? Thanks

Hobama

Vehicle(s)
Levorg, Imprezza
Hiya, I’ve been commenting on threads from my search results but mostly aimed at fitting an idoing unit. However, is there a whole OEM headunit and HVAC pairing that swaps straight into my Levorg STI plug n play that’s from a UK car? STI/WRX/Forester etc? Thanks
I'm considering same.
Have you removed your unit yet? Was it a straight pull or you have to remove covers from the left, right, top and below?

lerroy

Vehicle(s)
VMG (A) Levorg
yep idoing is plug and play, i just had a slight issue with reverse camera that i was able to sort. check my build thread.

speak to i doing they are pretty helpful

You will need to swap the HVAC controls to the 3 dial option if you have the early model JDM unit. I purchased from beforward from a WRX 2017, but worth checking cars being wrecked if you have any locally.

There are a few diff models led backlight color and LHD RHD arrangement of dials but they all plug into same connector.

some discussion here around HVAC, but there are lots of threads talking about headunit swaps as well

lerroy

Vehicle(s)
VMG (A) Levorg
I'm considering same.
Have you removed your unit yet? Was it a straight pull or you have to remove covers from the left, right, top and below?
you just need to remove the air ducts above and then whole fascia can be removed, then two bolts hold unit in left and right need to access from glove box and under dash. similar procedure to WRX which you can find all over youtube

Hobama

Vehicle(s)
Levorg, Imprezza
you just need to remove the air ducts above and then whole fascia can be removed, then two bolts hold unit in left and right need to access from glove box and under dash. similar procedure to WRX which you can find all over youtube
Ive been watching those all day but one guy said the 2015 model was a straight pull after removing the air ducts so I was hoping that was the case

lerroy

Vehicle(s)
VMG (A) Levorg
Ive been watching those all day but one guy said the 2015 model was a straight pull after removing the air ducts so I was hoping that was the case

Yeah my 2014 was a kinda straight pull I didn't have bolts either side but wasn't sure if previous owner just never put back :)

Spunkmeyer

Vehicle(s)
Levorg STI
I'm considering same.
Just got round to pulling it. My fascia and hvac came out in one piece once the hazard panel is released. So it seems to not need side access. However I then came up against the Subaru security bolts so haven’t yet pulled the head unit.
Do people just grind a slot into these bolts with a dremel?

scratch that. Google just told me to look in the glove box

Attachments

Last edited:

Hobama

Vehicle(s)
Levorg, Imprezza
Any more pics, bruv?
Before and Afters?

Hobama

Vehicle(s)
Levorg, Imprezza
I'm geeked for you.
There is just something about wiring... lmao. Makes me happy.